“Good area, no treadmill.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I was two 1/2 blocks from the metro, so I feel, even in the later evening hours, as long as I walk with a purpose, I can probably make it to the hotel unscathed. The hotel pictures show a treadmill. The front desk said "we have no treadmill" and low and behold, there was empty floor space where a treadmill once was. Breakfast wasn't bad. There was some lite yogurt and hard boiled egg for protein. Overall not bad for the price to sleep and have breakfast.

Room Tip: Queen beds are on the opposite side of the subway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at Comfort Inn Long Island City, for ten nights while visiting New York for Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and lighting of the Rockerfeller Tree. We chose this hotel mainly for the price, much cheaper than staying in Manhattan so more to spend on other things.We had a twin room on the 7th floor. The hotel was very clean, comfortable beds, and a offered a decent enough complimentary breakfast, the staff were all very pleasant. We used the subway to get into the city. Queensboro Plaza station is on the doorstep and only took about 10 minutes to get to and from Times Square, we usually came back late, never before midnight and never felt unsafe.in the area. I would stay here again, it is a good hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank debby-anny
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed in this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend, because we could not find any decent lodging in or near midtown for under $350/nt. At under $150/nt, this hotel is everything we could have asked for. Queensboro Station is 1 block away, Queens Plaza station is 2 blocks away. It was easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. Friendly and helpful staff (good directions), clean rooms, comfy beds, hot showers, fast and free wifi. There is a deli on the corner, but little else in the area, but then we were only in the room to sleep, shower, and change clothes. If you look at a subway map you will see that this hotel has quick access to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and other midtown hot spots. Honestly, I prefer staying in midtown for an affordable price, but if nothing is available, I would gladly stay here again. Every dollar I save on my room is a dollar I can spend on shows and food.

Room Tip: Our friends found their room on the bottom floor noisy, so stay on 2 or above.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank darwinmoore
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Chose this hotel while visiting NYC as a tourist and to go to the Macy's parade. Clean and comfortable, room was modern and very clean. Front desk staff helpful. We were able to park our car on the street (free) right in front of the hotel -- can't beat that. Area felt safe, easy walk to subway. Breakfast offered lots of variety. A great value -- we saved hundreds

Room Tip: Typical city noises -- we travel with a white noise machine and nothing bothered us
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Room: One King Suite
Large Room, Clean Bathroom, Nice Flatscreen

Price: Booked on points, but if I had a choice at regular room rate I would look else where first.

Cons:
Hotel a bit older. The room i was in smelled like pee and the carpet was dirty.
Right next to the subway and backs to an alley. I was on the third floor but could hear people yelling in the alley.

Final:
I would stay at this hotel again if I really need a place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank L0spec
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed one night last weekend. I have stayed in other Long Island City Hotels, notably the Verve and the Country Inn and I found both of those better. Not that anything was really wrong. I found my room noisy. I could hear every conversation in the hallway, lots of street noise. The bed was comfortable but clearly old. Overall, I'd probably stay here again. It's an economy hotel and it feels like it. The price and value are about equal, whereas several of the others offer higher value for the same money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MiamiGringo
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I can't say enough good things about the Comfort Inn LIC. The propery is clean and comfortable -- and it's very close to the Queensboro Train Station (7 Line) that takes you into Manhattan or east towards Flushing Meadows. Rohit and his staff are awesome -- courteous and accomodating. They went above and beyond the call of duty to contact me and forward a photo that had been mailed to me at their property after my departue. I certainly will again stay there again when business takes me to NYC.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business