All reviewswhite noise machinefront desknew yorkyogurtbreakfast each morninglight sleeperbuilding sitefree breakfasttimes squarequeensboro bridgequeens plaza stationmidtown manhattansubway linevisiting nycgreat optionthe room was nicei highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I didn't have a high bar going in to this place, given it's location, but they managed to come in even below my low expectations. First impression when going into the lobby - mass chaos with the design of the space. The lobby, bar, eating area, front desk, elevators are all in a single 20x40 open room. It was a zoo. The acoustics are such that the ambient music, din of the crowd, and loud TVs in the "bar" all converge to make your head explode when you first walk in.

Once away from that terrible floor, my room had one of those schizophrenic HVAC controls - where it's on the wall and on the window unit, but you never know what is controlling what. The window unit made a terrible noise. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep so asked for another room. Maintenance took a look at it and admitted that most of the rooms sounded like that. He said they were sold out and probably couldn't move me, but tried anyway. He asked if I liked beer. I asked if he was implying that the only way I was going to get a quiet room was to go drink enough beer not to hear it. He laughed and gave me some drink coupons. He did find another room and I moved. AFter about 20 minutes the window unit in that room started making the same noise. I went to get the beer.

The location was OK for easily getting into midtown without having to stay in Manhattan, and it was a quick 15 minutes to LGA. Those are 2 huge plusses. However, just be advised that the property itself is not very comfortable.

Room Tip: At another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan L
Ayn C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We are saddened to see that you did not have an exceptional experience which is always our number one goal. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise disturbances that caused such a disruption for you. We completely understand that peaceful rest is priority We will be sure to share all of your concerns with the appropriate team and assure you that the feedback you provided regarding the room and lobby are addressed.

We again want to thank you and hope that your initial experience does not deter you from visiting our property again if your travels bring you back to the long island city area. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel because we have no available room in Hilton Garden in Queensbridge since this is the nearest hotel in the area. But as we expected the room was really small and the bathroom is dirty. The breakfast was not even tasty.. The sausage patty was even burned. If you will have any options other than this hotel better get that options. Do not waste your money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Newyorkerpinay
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Good hotel. Friendly staff. Near the subway to Manhattan. Breakfast was great and free. Good wifi in the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The fitness center had 5 treadmills and one set of adjustable dumbbells so don't expect lots of equipment for working out. The elevators were a bit of an issue during busy hours but not a huge deal.

Room Tip: good wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2018

The Fairfield Inn and Suites (New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge) was an excellent choice of hotel for my NYC vacation. It's a short walk to the subway station which makes it very easy to get around town.

Currently there is construction in the area, but this does not create any problems. As mentioned in another post, you can hear the trains but not to an amount that they are a problem. Also, our room was located just across the hall from the elevator which I thought would be a big noise problem, however we never heard a sound from anything happening in the hallways.

The breakfast menu is typical hotel breakfast... waffles, egg omelet, scrambled eggs, cereal, pastries, etc. The waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream was very good. the only negative regarding the breakfast was the meat selections ... not as tasty as what you get at home, but OK (except the turkey sausage was not tasty).

Our room was very clean, as well the entire hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

For me was absolutely perfect, I couldn’t Pay Manhattan hotels plus the museums, shows, etc. So we decided save money in the room and expend in fun and this Hotel was perfectly located two station away from Manhattan a short walk from station QUEENS PLAZA, the staff was very kind, the room always clean, breakfast good and we definitely want to come back.

Stayed: June 2018