All reviewsunique hotelnew yorkcool hotelfun hotelmoving imagenorthern blvdindustrial looksubway entrancehotel restaurantaverage hotelbagelslaguardia airportstreet noiseindustrial areanyc areafew blockscoffee machine
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

This place has a steampunk/hipster look that might appeal to some people. The woman at the front desk was great — she saw I was traveling alone with children and gave me a courtesy upgrade so we could have two queen beds. Our room was quite large by NY standards. Beds are comfortable, rather than luxurious. Shower, no tub. The area under the sink in the bathroom is exposed, and the floors seem like cement. All these things make it feel a bit cold to me. Outside our room two people were talking late at night, and we could hear them in the room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fru77662
miguelamadera, Manager at The Paper Factory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fru77662,

Thank you for your review and your time taken to describe your stay and our property.
While we are very happy our team extended courtesy and upgraded your room type, we do regret you did not enjoy the design more.
If you allow us, we will be happy to show you our family rooms next time and find one up to your preferences.

Warm regards,
PF team

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We were here for a funeral, so while most of our time here was a blur, we would like to comment on the constant kindness that was so graciously displayed toward us on every level. As we strolled in day after day, in black, rolling in extra bags, and forlorn faces, the staff here stuck with us, and afforded us human kindness above and beyond. This hotel is hipster cool, funky, clean, convenient, serves excellent food, and has the best staff ever. In memory of our beloved niece, we cannot thank you enough..

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank honestreviewer
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

4 of us stayed at The Paper Factory Hotel. A short walk from the subway (which we navigated from Manhattan ).
Great staff that was very accommodating with the delivery of extra pillows, towels and water.
One drawback is that the hotel is not near anything. It was a former paper factory and there is a collection of interesting items in the lobby and comfortable sitting room.
We did figure out the subway system, after a few heading-the-wrong-way incidents and took in the site of the 1964 World's Fair.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandie1947
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Omg!!!! This place is beautiful and I hv never been treated so well.. Stephanie assisted us with Everything and then some.. Including a bonus upgrade(a loft) that was very unexpected... Thank you sooo much.. I rate this place 20 stars!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely adore this hotel, I love the loft feel in my room and around the hotel - huge shower. The design in lounge areas were a plus. Also, there is a really cool bar area with mid century furniture-but it’s closed. I do believe the front desk agents need to step it up a notch with customer service skills. On Monday the July 22nd I called down to the front desk (3) times, no answer - called from my cellphone she answered... I then asked about parking on the block the hotel was located. Agent replied I don’t drive I’ll have to google it, with a major attitude. However, overall I would stay again I loved the property.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
miguelamadera, Manager at The Paper Factory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Chides2017,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your recent stay. We are truly grateful for your kind review and your amazing rate. It is priceless to hear and read that our guest enjoyed both common areas design but rooms and accommodation as well.
We very much appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve our services. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team.

Warm regards