All reviews new york queensbridge subway station nice hotel stayed in this hotel for nights surrounding area is min walk times square stops train toaster ave
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided decided to go to New York for the weekend so we Prebooked this hotel hoping for the best. Have stayed at a bunch of Howard Johnson in Canada before and always pleased with the service and the hotel. Not this time !!! We arrived and went to check Waited about 20 mins and yet they had 2 people at the desk. The girl was busywith other people the guy was just sitting there.The girl finally got to us and found out there was no parking asked where I park and she was so rude so I said I’m not from here so if you could let me know where I can park It would help! This girl had no customer service at all , rude , it’s like she didn’t even want to talk to us like we were a bother ! Not friendly at all and most of the employees here aren’t. I have never seen so much bad customer service ever ! So parking you have to find somewhere on the roads to park we ended up a block and half away and the neighbourhood is not a great place to say the very least ! Scary to be honest ! Really run down neighbourhood , saw numerous drug deals going on right on the corner by the hotel, so just beware nothing did happen but I was terrified to walk in this neighbourhood! I felt extremely unsafe ! The rooms are very small but pretty clean , the bed tho was hard as a rock. The first morning I woke to an alert on my credit card as I’m Canadian I got the original one $404 for the 2 nights then $100 for deposit then at 4am they withdrew another $204 . So I immediately went down to reception she said my account only shows the 2 charges so we called my credit company they verified the 3rd charge and even gave them a number on where it was used the girl at the reception I don’t think she even looked it up all she kept saying was that they didn’t take a 3 rd payment so they both agreed to return the money to my credit card as I just got back from my weekend I’m still waiting for that to be returned plus the $100 . My credit card company said it seemed fishy as they have a number to go with the charges to show were they came from , they even found it all suspicious !!! So beware I think they do this in hopes people don’t notice and they can rip you off ! The only good service we got was checking out and his name was Paul he even asked if the credit card thing got straightened out and apologized for all the inconvenience ! The breakfast no eggs , juice is warm absolutely no seating not enough for even half the hotel !You can’t take any food out can only be eaten there but we had no where to sit ! So we stood holding and trying to eat I didn’t even bother ! I drank the warm disgusting orange juice !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scrossman80
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Affordable place instead of staying in Manhattan.Neighbourhood is creepy. Funny thing it looks better at night than at day lightBreakfast doesn't have gluten free option, but it's included anyway.Subway two blocks away, The trip to Manhattan takes around 15 mins

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 18, 2018

My family had to stay here one night because our flight from LGA was cancelled. We booked this place last minute. Our room was small (but large bathroom) with hard beds. The room has a very small TV (that had very few channels). The breakfast was Ok with lots of room to seat. Also, construction next door started at 6:30am with a jackhammer. Also, the neighborhood is not the best. Would not recommend. Not a good deal for the price.

Room Tip: Stay as far from the construction side as possible
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jswebsterMinnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

First off, the area is a bit sketchy at night since it's close by a public housing complex. Though we didn't feel especially unsade, it's best to arrive before dark if walking from subway.

Check in was smooth and friendly. Our room was spacious and clean with a large balcony overlooking Manhattan skyline. The bathroom was a bit smallish but clean and well supplied. The coffee maker did not work but one was replaced quickly by staff. It took 10 minutes to figure out how to turn on the TV.. The bed was just okay in comfort.

The biggest flaw with room was inadequate lighting. Even with every light on, it was dismal in room. The bathroom lighting was poor. The shower was fine with decent water pressure.

A complimentary breakfast was included, but was a fiasco. Way too many people fighting to get food. Surroundings were loud and uncomfortable. Food was not being replenished to keep up with crowd.The oatmeal was like soup and inedible. The food overall was barely average quality.

Despite these flaws, the cleanliness,friendly staff and nice room makes it decent choice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2018

good if your just staying for a couple of days, would recommend staying elsewhere the surrounding area is not a great neighborhood. If you are familiar with the area than you are fine. Bus stop is close by so that is a plus.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple