All reviewscourtyard marriottthe world trade center memorialconvenience shopone nighternew yorkcentral parkreasonable rateshotel ratesnice hoteltrain tracksmodern designsubway stops awaybed was comfortablehotel entrancestatue of libertywalking distancelaundry room
Reviewed July 25, 2018

The room and stay itself was pleasant enough, but I have never encountered such unhelpful customer support. Instead of clearing things up they complicated the situation so much more for me.
It was a simple mistake on my behalf a the beginning as I was silly enough to make a duplicate booking for 2 rooms (1 for 4nights and 1 for 8nights). I made a booking with my travel agent and paid in full to them and then I made a booking with Booking.com myself (no upfront payment needed). Upon confirming the booking with my agent I forgot to cancel the booking with Booking.com and then I managed to completely forget about it. I was unaware that there is a duplicate booking until I saw a charge on my credit card.
So here it begins. I checked in the 2 rooms and gave my creditcard info to them for damage deposit purposes. Upon checking out of the room with 4nights stay, the front desk asked if I was cutting my stay short and leaving early. I said no, I have 2 rooms booked, 1 was 4nights and 1 was 8, I'm only checking out the room with 4nights stay. There front desk looked a bit confused but said she'll clear the issue out. So 4days later I checked out the other room, still unaware that I have a duplicated booking, and I didn't get any receipt of any charges so I bid the front desk good-bye and went my way.
Next thing I know, I check my creditcard statement and there was a charge from the hotel for about $600. I have idea how it came to this amount as it just doesn't add up. I was still unware of the duplicated booking at this point and called my creditcard to hold the payment as I need to clear the issue with the hotel. I emailed the hotel but they just confirmed with the creditcard company that I did actually stay at their hotel and failed to mention anything about a duplicate booking. The creditcard company then sent me what the hotel provided them as proof for payment and it was until then that I figured out this could be an issue with duplicated booking. I contacted the hotel once again to explain the duplicated booking issue and requested a refund on a room that I was charged in full. To make thing even more confusing, on the duplicated booking, they charged 1 night for the 8night booking (which is fair) but then went ahead to charge 4full nights for the other room. I'm not asking the hotel to refund the full amount to me as I did make a mistake, I'm only asking them to refund 3nights of a stay as a noshow charge, but the hotel kept insisting they already made a refund. I checked with my travel agent and they said everything was paid in full and no refund of any amount was received from them. I checked with Booking.com and they confirmed that no refund was received which makes sense since I didn't pay anything to them. I asked the hotel to provide proof of the refund so I can contact the receiving party to get my money back but the hotel has been ignoring my email since. I tired calling them and resending my emails but its still being ignored.
Its not been half a year and this issue is still left unsolved. The hotel did not apologize for the confusion they caused and showed no empathy at all. I am truly amazed at the lack of customer service I'm getting from the hotel on this whole ordeal. I have never experience such level of ignorance from any company.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a receipt on your way out.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Martin,

We appreciate you being our guest and sharing your feedback with us. We offer our sincere apologies for the problems you experienced with your reservation and our response to your inquiries regarding this. Please know a refund has been issued to your travel agency and you must get in contact with them. Thank you for your business, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

I stayed here for around 1.5 months and am a platinum member. I was initially upgraded to a larger room, which I appreciated, but it was on a noisier side of the building, and I requested to change rooms to the West / City side of the hotel, which is less noisy. After my request was pretty coldly rejected by a woman at the front desk, I emailed the front office manager, and she changed my room right away, which was very much appreciated.

Housekeeping wasn't as on point as I would have hoped for, but there was an older hispanic lady housekeeper working on the 14th floor, who was great and very nice. The rooms are a bit small, but everything is modern and new, as the hotel was built pretty recently. I do not believe any of the food is cooked on site, so I stayed away from eating at the hotel for the mostpart, and there are some pretty good food options within walking distance. The gym is pretty big and clean.

On the last day of my stay, which I was to check out late, there was a flood from an apartment above my room (above the hotel are apartments). All of my bathroom belongings were soaked, and I had to throw some away. The primary maintenance man handling the situation was as nice and empathetic as possible. However, when I went to check out at the front desk, the same woman that rejected my room change didn't mention the flood in my room at all, and didn't even say thank you after staying there for over a month. Nobody at the hotel other than the maintenance gentleman apologized for the flood in my room and offered to make it right (not sure he had the authority to make it right though as that may have been something that a front desk agent or manager should have done).

There was also a mix up upon check out where the wrong credit card was charged, but that may not have been the hotel's fault. The leak in my room was definitely not the hotel's fault, but was not handled well or at all by management.

Room Tip: City Side of the Hotel for better views and less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Bill,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your extended stay. We want each and every guest to have a positive experience, and we are very sorry for the poor service you received as well as for the unfortunate flooding incident. Although your experience is not typical, we obviously have room to improve. We assure you our entire team will do everything possible to prevent these issues in the future. Your loyalty to our brand is truly appreciated, and we hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future stay.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

He is the maintenance supervisor and is outstanding..Is "Johnny on the spot. You discuss issue with him and done in a short (not 30 minutes later) period of time. Do right first time!!!

Feliza THE BEST!!!!!--
Anna THE BEST!!!!!
Front desk staff amazing!!!!@

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Dear Parsolsun,

It's great to see you had an awesome guest experience and were pleased with our always pleasant and extremely helpful team members. We work hard to make everything perfect from the time you check in until the time you check out, and our team appreciates being recognized for succeeding. Thank you for staying at the new Courtyard by Marriott Long Island City, and we hope you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I was definitely expecting a bit more from the Marriott. The room was spacious enough, but my biggest issue was the cleanliness of the room. Our disposable cups, coffee and sugar were only replaced on day three. Even though our towels were placed on the floor for washing (as per instruction), they were simply hung back up. Most of all, the carpet was dirty (and I noticed this as I have a toddler that picks up every tiny piece of lint or fluff on the floor to put it in his mouth) and there was a pair of underpants left in the cupboard from a previous visitor to the hotel that was not removed before our stay. The beds seemed clean and the baby crib that we requested looked to be in good shape and clean, but the floors and mystery underwear left me feeling unsettled.

Room Tip: If you don't like the soud of trains through the night, make sure to request a room that doesn't overlook the train yard.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear TamsynDJ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your review. We are sorry we failed to provide you the clean and comfortable room that you deserved. Please know we take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously, and steps are already underway to ensure this does not happen again. We can absolutely do better, and we hope you give us the opportunity in the future to prove that to you.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

What makes this property so great is Isiah at the front desk! I've had to call him numerous times and every single time, he has been friendly and fast! I wish there were more Isiah's in this world! The world would truly be a better place if we always were welcomed by people like him!
Keep up the great work Isiah and I hope management appreciates you as much as I do!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear kle1974,

Thanks for reviewing your stay at the new Courtyard by Marriott Long Island City hotel. We are glad everything went so well during your visit and that Isiah made it for an exceptional experience. Please be assured we will definitely share your compliments with him. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our efforts, and we hope to see you again soon!