All reviews the owner great place to stay would stay again fire pit nice beach went out of her way views of the mountains private beach safe place boat dock nice stay off season tim efficiency motel cottage wifi
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

We stay there only one night but if we had time we would have stay one more day. It is a little bit like doing camping but in a simple and clean room. Yes the motel is old, but it is clean and bed are comfortable, it is very quiet at night and we had a good night sleep. The room offrr a small fridge and a coffee machine. There is a fire pit and some wood offer for an evening fire camp, picnic table , bbq and sone wood chair with a view on the lake. There is a small beach, you can also rent canoe or other equipment, the owner and his daughter are very nice and helping peoples.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank mado63
Reviewed July 24, 2016

My family of 4 stayed for 2 nights at the Shamrock and had a lovely time there. We enjoyed the beach and view of Long Lake. It was also a great base for exploring other Adirondack lakes (we kayaked at nearby Lows Lake, which was a 35 minute drive away).

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank frankiemaighread
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My wife and I recently made a trip to Long Lake, Ny for some winter birding. We stayed at the Shamrock Motel. Room had 2 double bed, TV and WiFi. Price was very reasonable. Bed was comfortable, heat was on.
the owner checked us in and it all went smoothly. We left very early in the AM so we they had us just leave the key in the room.
There was no hassle at all.
(they have a variety of options, including cottages)

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Bill S
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

A few weeks ago was the Long Lake Winter Festival so we booked a two night stay. As usual the room was spotless and everything was just perfect. The owners are ever so warm and welcoming. Next morning we were up and out early to hike Owls Head Fire Tower in the freezing cold and snow. Came back showered relaxed, it was so peaceful and quiet. The beds are perfect and we slept great both nights. I would recommend this place before any other. This was my third time staying there and I wouldn't go to any other place.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Carl L
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Shamrock. The owners were friendly, the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean!! And the rates were reasonable too! It was perfect, as I was in the area to do some fall fishing and bird photography!!! I would definitely stay here again!!

Date of stay: November 2015