“Exceptional”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This place was recommended to me quite some time ago by the woman working at the motel where I was staying and I finally got around to checking it out. The interior is fabulously decorated in an old western style.......with life sized mannequins who look ready to draw their gun at the first sign of trouble. So cute. For dinner I had the best pulled pork and sweet potato French fries. so yummy. The staff is very friendly and willing to accommodate their customers requests. There is a bar but it doesn't make parents feel uncomfortable bringing their children. It is in a different section and is equally decorated. I would like to return in better weather....they have an outside patio and a pavilion and I cant wait to dine there in the fresh air......I am sure it will be fantastic!!!!

1  Thank karen w

Reviewed November 21, 2013

First off let's start with the fact that this place is called the OLE SMOKEHOUSE not the OLDE SMOKEHOUSE. Inside, a rustic, western theme. I've heard about it from a few locals so we decided to check it out. One of our favorite things is either the brisket or pulled pork, their smokehouse salad is delicious as well. For dinner you usually get some of their corn bread, and garlic type corn bread to start. One of my favorite drinks there is their dirty margarita which contains a bit of beer in it. Definitely worth giving a try. Food is consistent, have been there a handful of times, and we were always pleased. Dinner times get to be busy there so make a reservation or come early or late. Definitely one of the places you have to eat in the North Country.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Love the atmosphere! Great service, very friendly staff, varied menu, excellent falilities (inside and outside), food to die for!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

So I ended up talking bbq to the owner and was I impressed. I had already eaten and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Authentic, smoked pulled pork and brisket that was done VERY good. Our waitress was very good and food was as well. I give this joint an A+

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went twice. First time went to the bar and the entire staff was sitting at the bar eating, fooling around and texting. No one greeted us, and it took 15 minutes to get a drink. The menu is huge, all over the place, reads like a book. The food and drink service at the bar was poor, and the food average. Decided to try it again, in the dining room. Service was better this time. Deep-fried pickles not great, they are spears, not chips, so the coating didn't stay on very well and they were too dense to really enjoy. Baby back ribs had a nice smoky flavor and fell off the bone, pretty good. Chicken was very small and overcooked, wouldn't get it again. Coleslaw was home made but not really flavorful, and the baked beans tasted canned. The décor is pretty cool, rustic, western-style theme, very comfortable atmosphere and our server was pleasant. If I go back, I will probably just get a rack of ribs to go.

1  Thank Daytripper420