“Hard to Rate”

The Ole Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ole Smokehouse is a classic BBQ restaurant, which has proudly served delicious meals for years. Our quality food, friendly service, and atmosphere combine to ensure our guests receive a memorable dining experience. We are best known for our unwavering commitment to excellence and attention to detail, which help us exceed the expectations of our visitors.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Closed Mondays! (Didn't get to sample.) It's not particularly easy to find either unless you have a map of the hamlet of Madrid.

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to the Ole Smoke House in Madrid... What horrible service 45 minutes without even an over of drinks. With a mostly empty restaurant... Only to have the waitress try to blame the kitchen.... Highly disappointing, save your gas money not worth the trip...

2  Thank Atlanticfishco
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Country place in the far north. Food was great. A popular "watering hole" in the area. We were there on a quiet night, but still plenty of activity around. The Barbeque was excellent.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Have tried a lot of smoked meat in Texas over the past years, this meat is VERY mild in comparison. I tried a three meat combo - chicken, ribs, pulled pork with home cut fries and beans. The chicken not sure if it was smoked at all, pulled pork as I said very mild smoke taste got more from the sauce - but I liked it, the ribs very tender with meat falling off the bones - next time I will order dry to see how much smoke flavour.

We got there on a Friday rainy evening around 6 had to wait about 30 minutes so would suggest you get reservations if you go. there was a young girl who started to sing around 7 although she had an excellent voice I do not believe it added to the evening. I did find the portions excellent and very reasonable.

Would I try it again yes.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The best steak around....I always order the teriyaki steak....it melts in your mouth....onion rings are awesome....haven't had a bad meal there yet......also great bar if you just want to sit and have a few beers

Date of visit: February 2014