“Great BBQ”

The Ole Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ole Smokehouse is a classic BBQ restaurant, which has proudly served delicious meals for years. Our quality food, friendly service, and atmosphere combine to ensure our guests receive a memorable dining experience. We are best known for our unwavering commitment to excellence and attention to detail, which help us exceed the expectations of our visitors.
Reviewed April 25, 2015

Last weekend we headed to the North Country of New york to visit our daughters family who live just outside Canton. We decided to go out Saturday night to a restaurant . My son in law had heard of The Ole Smokehouse several miles North so we decided to check it out.
When we got there the place was mobbed. Only had to wait about 10 minutes however as several large parties were leaving. Perfect timing. The menu featured a wide variety ,including fish, but BBQ are the featured items. I opted for one of their BBQ burgers. Excellent choice as it was cooked just as I ordered and was delicious. My wife ordered the brisket sandwich which she said was very good but a little dry.
All our portions were plentiful and the price was reasonable. The one item that intrigued me was " The mess". It's a bunch of meat, french fries, salad all combined together on one plate. It sounded good and I'll plan on ordering it on another visit.
Service was average. They were busy but not THAT busy to check back to see if we needed anything else or our drinks refilled. We would have had dessert but were never asked. We went elsewhere.
All in all it was a good experience , food was very good and was fairly priced. We'll go back again on a future trip.

1  Thank Peter G

Reviewed April 23, 2015

I like the Old Smokehouse - it's big and roomy and smells good. Some evenings, it can be packed to the gills though. The food is pretty good and you can add as much sauce as you like from the bottles on the table.

The real highlight for me are the Buffalo wings - all of which have been SMOKED before being coated in sauce. They tend to be a bit drier than normal, but packed with nice smoky flavor. These, along with a cold beverage, could be a whole trip.

The BBQ is good - I like the pulled pork. For lunch, I'd recommend the burger that has pulled pork and onion rings on top... very tasty and cooked perfectly. The BBQ beans are a great side dish as well.

Overall, this place is pretty fun (and there is plenty of motorcycle parking!) with good food (and plenty of it). They can handle big groups easily as well. If you have a big group, take a look at their massive special - you can get a dish drainer sied container full of pork and chicken for about $50. It says that it feeds 4, but really it can feed twice that.

Reviewed February 17, 2015 via mobile

My wife had the Delmonico and loved it. I had the smoked baby back ribs, reminded me of a southern BBQ pit, so tender and moist! The sides were surprisingly out of this world, loaded mash potatoes are much like the filling in a twice baked, so good! Great atmosphere and service and a great price. I even liked the steamers, although they could have been cleaned just a tiny bit more. Great find, we'll go again!

Reviewed February 5, 2015 via mobile

Great little spot, usually busy. We love their ribs, catfish, and garbage plate. They have cute country decor and a bar as well.
Food is usually served fairly quickly and the service is great.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

We were told that this place had great ribs and good live music. We turned up (most things round this way close at 9pm) at around 9pm expecting to be turned away and it turns out they're open until whatever! (But not Monday or Tuesday please note)

We were seated quickly even though they were pretty full and enjoyed the chicken wings with their own smokehouse spicy sauce (they have more than half a dozen sauces) - VERY good. Although the live sound on this occasion was a bit pitchy, we have since been back and experienced a range of fun and talented local musos.

Beer and ribs or wings with live music at a reasonable price - what more can you ask for?