“Just awesome!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

OMG! Arrived late after a concert, kitchen closing in 15 minutes!!! We were 6 and I know that we were pushing the envelope but John at the bar couldn't have nicer. We relaxed and ordered app's and had an incredible time. We tasted a bunch of wines, all Greek that we're fantastic.
Then came the food!!! It was off the charts! We all left full and happy and talking about our next trip there.
All and all a great place for friends, couples and families! You will love this place!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

While visiting my cousins in the area,(No, it wasn't Russell Brand or Jonah Hill) rather than the unusual Italian fare, they suggested something "different" . Nemea fit the bill completely.
Having a reservation, we entered the cozy neighborhood restaurant and were impressed with the decor. Warm and inviting but upscale in design.
We were immediately seated and advised of the specials, then drink orders were taken. We chose a bottle of wine and it was quickly delivered to our table with a plate of a variety of olives, which was quickly replaced with another. Yum!
After looking over the menu, our waiter (sorry, I can't remember his name) came back to take orders. I DO remember he was efficient and knowledgeable, allowing us time to ask questions and make choices.
We began with the Octapodi, which is grilled wild Mediterranean octopus, with cucumber, capers with a balsamic glaze. Cooked perfectly, not overdone with a kind of smoky taste. It was delicious!
Cousin ordered Elliniki (or Greek Salad) which consisted of mixed greens, tomatoes, dill, cucumbers, red onions, Feta cheese, bell peppers, Kalamata olives, dolmadakia, red wine vinegar, olive oil. Cool, crisp and plenty of it. Other cousin chose the Veal Stew (Ragout) with Pappardelle which was braised veal, red wine, portobello mushrooms, garbanzo beans, green olives, green peas with broad noodles. He claimed it was excellent. My husband, ever the non-adventurer, ordered the Cast Iron Pan Seared Pork Chop with sweet potato risotto and sautéed spinach topped with pear chutney. He RAVED about it - days later! I selected the Vegetarian Moussaka which is baked eggplant, roasted peppers, potatoes, zucchini, grilled onion, spinach, tomato sauce topped with soy béchamel. Insanely good!
We finished the evening with coffees and one order of baklava which is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo pastry filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey. OMG! Out of this world!
The bill came to $240 with a generous tip. Keep in mind, this included an appetizer, a bottle of wine, one soft drink, coffees and dessert. Not terrible for Mamaroneck, and in my opinion, worth every penny.
If you're in the area, or have been considering Nemea - definitely give it a try. I think you'll go back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant several times since its opening. While I believe there's been an ownership change, the food has improved.

The appetizers are excellent - highly recommend the octopus, hummus and tsatziki. The salads are fresh and lightly, yet flavorfully, dressed. I normally order the lavraki (sea bass) and it has gone from plain and bordering tasteless to well-seasoned and delicious. The faro salad with it is unusual and tasty. My husband loves the gyro platter and hanger steak.

Service is excellent and the vibe is laid back and friendly

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I dined at Nemea earlier this week with business colleagues. I am not an expert on Greek cuisine, but we had someone from Greece in our group who was kind enough to do the ordering. The food, wine and service were all outstanding. This is a cozy neighborhood restaurant with very hip decor and a warm inviting ambiance. But the food is the real story. While i can't recall the names of some of the dishes we enjoyed, i can tell you that the lobster appetizer was simply amazing. The traditional fried cheese (can't remember what they call it) is also great. For entrees, we shared a lamb shank, the lamb stew and another traditional dish with eggplant. All were extremely flavorful, although the lamb stew was the table's favorite. I don't live in this area, but would highly recommend this restaurant to those of you who do.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We really like to patronize local eateries, but have tried Nemea a couple of times and been disappointed. The service is slow for no apparent reason, and the food is just not very good, The salad was frezing cold, as if it had been pre-prepared and in a very cold fridge for a full day, and the cheese pie tasted like and had the texture of a frozen item from the grocery store. Good olives to start, nice olive oils on the table and nice fresh pita. The room is also pretty. Oh well.

2  Thank jaojmk