All reviews long island jones beach donuts best westerns continental breakfast room was clean sunrise highway indoor pool new york desk staff plenty of parking visit family stay there again coffee maker great place to stay nice stay the breakfast area
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in room 223 the stench of smoking odor was the worse it stunk up my clothing soo bad had to buy a bottle of febreze for the room and clothing in order to wear into the church for a wedding. Was absolutely the worse place i have ever stayed at in LI, NY

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
James D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Michael,

On behalf of the staff and management at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to take this time and sincerely apologize that you experienced an odor in your room. I have addressed your issue with our maintenance team. Should you find yourself in the area again, do give us a second chance to make your next stay with us an exceptional one.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We stayed here overnight to attend a concert nearby. Hotel is conveniently located about 15 minutes from the venue. The staff was wonderful- very accommodating, courteous, and attentive. The room itself was spotless, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. However, the only negative thing I have to say is that there was a heavy musty smell. This was concerning, as I have respiratory issues. I would return in the future if management addresses this issue and rectifies the problem.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Martha,

On behalf of the staff and management at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be professional and the room to be spotless. I would like to take this time and apologize that you experienced a musty smell in your room. I have addressed this issue with my maintenance team. Should you find yourself in the area again, do give us a second chance to make your next stay an exceptional one.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Came for a funeral nearby. Musty smelling rooms, HVAC either too cold or too hot at night, came home with 8 bites from the night's sleep-either mosquitos or spiders. Cigarette butts on the outer corridors outside of some of the non-smoking rooms.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

On behalf of the staff and management at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to take this time and deeply apologize about your most recent stay. We value your feedback. I would like to discuss this issue in greater detail. It is to my hope that should you find yourself in the area again that you give us a second chance to make your next stay with us an exceptional one.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Just stayed there August 2018. Given an outside room because I walk with a cane. Room was very damp and humid. The bathroom door can't close shut because the door is swollen from the humidity in the room. No grab bar in the bath tub, not good if you are handicapped. Health hazard because of the dampness, sheets and towel were damp, the notepad was damp. Told that the problem was that it was an outside room and the hotel is a mile away from the water. I lived on the water in Seaford and never had this problem in my home. Staff was polite and there was nothing that they can do and were aware of the issue. Nothing could dry in the room and mold must be building up. Shut down the outside rooms and add grab bars in the bath tub. Best Western should inspect this property and force a clean up of this health hazard.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

On behalf of the staff and management at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize about your most recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to the hotel's success. Due to our close proximity to the water, some of our exterior rooms experience humidity. I have addressed your issue with our maintenance/engineering team. Once again we sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied during your stay. Should you find yourself in the area again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here when we had our hard wood floors done. Very clean and the rooms were spotless. The staff on hand are extremely friendly and offer any information needed. I recommend this to all. I would go back here anytime.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank themenace
James D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

On behalf of the staff and management at Best Western Bar Harbour Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our rooms clean and the staff to friendly. We thank you for your kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!