“Don't waste your time and money”
Review of Olives

Olives
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I have been to Olives twice (the visits being several years apart), and both times have been a terrible experience. My most recent visit was last night. Looking back, I should have left before I was even seated. We waited over 5 minutes to be seated. The restaurant was empty except for 3 tables, so the wait was not because it was busy. From that point on, everything went wrong. There was only one inexperienced, and obviously overwhelmed server working. It took an extreme amount of time for us to order and receive our food and drinks. The appetizer, bruschetta, was a sad excuse and display of food. Our salads arrived, with dressings we didn't ask for (our server never mentioned salad, just showed up with it and what we assume was a random choice of dressing for each). My main course was good, however the other two people were not impressed with theirs. One had a measly amount of angel hair pasta, and the other had red sauce that tasted like it was out of a can. Every other table in the restaurant had issues also (different from what we expreinced). Olives is a poorly operated restaurant that I will not visit again!!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This restaurant is located in a hotel/Chaut Suites. If you're looking for an excellent prime rib - this is the place. My husband had the prime rib and we both agreed it was the best piece of beef we've both had in years. Cooked perfectly, tender and tasty. We were 8 people and everyone enjoyed their meal. One had the Veal Oscar and said the same. I was happy with my broiled fish. Salads were huge. The restaurant itself hasn't much for atmosphere. Service was excellent. Only disappointment was the Italian wedding soup. We will return and bring more friends. The hotel itself looked very nice. The bar is separate from the restaurant and serves appetizers and sandwiches. It actually had more atmosphere. Can't speak for the food.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located within Chautauqua Suites. Room rate includes basic breakfast at Olives. Breakfast consists of scrambled eggs that were unappealing in appearance and very bland, potatoes were over cooked and mushy. (How does this happen?). Also offered fresh sliced fruit and pastries.

After long day out, we decided to give dinner a try. Waited 15 minutes before waitress came to table. Very pleasant. She was only one on hand and working hard to keep up. I ordered a pasta dish with an overload of pesto. Shrimp was left out. After mistake was realized it was easily rectified. Overall, dinner meals were mediocre.

We did not return for dinner again and made the best of breakfast the remaining days.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Went at the last minute. Our waitress was very attentive. Good was nice and hot and delicious. A definite go back again.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

White trash experience!!! Filthy... and then the bifold doors opened to a wedding. The female bar tender was more concerned about flirting with the drunk guys at the bar than serving non-drinking customers. The chicken fingers- disgusting!!!!
Do not go to this
Place unless you want a foul experience!

2  Thank Martha K