“So good, we went twice”
Review of Stedman Corners

Stedman Corners
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Dad and I sought out this little place based on the TA reviews. So glad we did! Very convenient to the Chautauqua Institution, where we were staying. Dad had eggs, bacon and an english muffin. I asked for a half order of traditional eggs benedict - and they were happy to oblige, thankfully (I can't eat that much!) Both orders came with fruit garnish. The building was built before 1900, and was a general store for years. It really brought to mind the general store in the small town where I grew up! We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned on our last day before heading home. Don't miss this charming cafe.

1  Thank BuffyLou

Reviewed August 10, 2018

While on a bike ride in the area, we came upon Stedman Corner Cafe and stopped in for coffee and a scone. By the time we walked up to the counter, before we'd ordered anything, we were handed mason jars full of ice water. Both the coffee and scone were very good. The meals we saw that others had ordered all looked delicious so I'm hoping to return for a full meal.

1  Thank khhass
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Stopped enroute to The Steward House Bed and Breakfast in Panama, N.Y. We each had a delicious sandwich. The staff was very courteous and we will return next time we are in the area! Very interesting decor too!!

1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Went for early breakfast with friends and was pleasantly surprised. Chocolate chip pancakes were delicious and big. Fresh fruit was very tasty and the place seems very well cared for and homey.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Stedman’s for lunch on our way to Lake Chautauqua. It was recommended to us by a local so we decided to give it a try. A quaint old farmhouse look, it was definitely off the beaten path and had crazy charm. My husband ordered the Ruben. The waitress recommended the homemade mushroom soup of the day and me being a soup fanatic, I ordered it along with half a ruban myself. Wow! This mushroom soup was so flavorful. It was creamy but not heavy. The ruban was stacked and the rye bread it was on was perfectly thick and toasted. The waitress treated us like we were regulars. She mentioned they serve breakfast all day and roast their own coffee. I’m looking forward to coming back for both next time we are in the area.