All reviews can't wait to come back s mores rosé infrared sauna the bean welcome drink rooms are nicely decorated walk or bike the hotel sits salt box perfect place to enjoy fire pit the general manager steam room laid back vibe lounge chairs and umbrellas our favorite place to stay
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

As a first time traveler to Montauk and Hero Beach Club I did not I know what to expect, certainly I did not expect the rain and cold. On the other hand I was welcome to Hero with a warm welcome and a glass of wine to warm up my day. Nemar was very nice at check in and the guy at the bar Andreas, made a mean Cuban mojito. The rooms were renovated and fresh looking, it made me feel like I was in a tropical island. The grounds were beautifully kept and the fire pits are an amazing touch, specially for the cold day that we encountered. When you go don’t forget to Pick up marshmallows at the bar and make your way to the fire pit to roast them. All the staff that I encountered were helpful and nice and really made an effort to please us. The heated pool and sauna are definitely a must if you are looking to relax. All in all great and I do not doubt for a minute about coming back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 121timetraveler
Reviewed September 10, 2018

For the price that were paying, more than 1,000, I expected a 5* hotel service at least, since it is a beach motel and I knew it was not a 5* hotel. We arrived at night, guy at the door did not know anything. We asked for a glass of wine, he could not open the bottle.
Guy at the beach is always tired, laying on a bean bag and never willing to help you out.
So beach service sucks. at the pool towels and water were never there. First day we had only 3 towels, a party of 4. Tok forever for them to get us one. Second day room service came at 6PM after I called them like 5 times. It was a terrible job, and at a very late hour. We went to shoer and we did not have towels. Again.
Staff yelling and disagreeing all the time.
They plan events, don't tell you in advance and you are not allowed to use the garden, not mention the noise.
I'm a very experienced traveler. It was a total disappointment.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank anahissnauer
EmarR1, General Manager at Hero Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Anahissnauer,

Thank you so much for choosing Hero during your recent visit to Montauk and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and I'm also very sad that I did not hear about this while you were staying with us, not until today. I would have loved to have the opportunity to address this with you in person and take corrective action before you left Hero. I do hope to have the opportunity and that you will allow me to make this up to you. As you can see on many reviews below, our guest satisfaction it is our main priority and I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to reach out directly on your next trip out East.

Warmest regards,
Emar

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We've stayed at Hero multiple times this summer and absolutely love it! It's close enough to everything to be super convenient but far enough away to feel like you're really on vacation. Umbrella beach is phenomenal!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Hautemama
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This was our second summer at Hero Beach Club, and it was amazing. The entire Hotel staff goes above and beyond to accommodate its guests. Andres, welcomed us with a cocktail and went out of his way to make my family and friends feel welcome and spoiled! The details are what set Hero Beach Club apart from other Montauk beach hotels. From the poolside fruit infused icy water to the beach concierge who set up luxurious beanbag loungers and umbrellas, these are just a few amenities that allow you to truly relax and enjoy your vacation. We had the pleasure of staying during a fabulous art installation by Risk Rock. His art illuminated the night as we roasted s’mores on the gigantic fire pits. Emar, the General Manager creates a hotel vibe that is one of a kind. His passion for detail and luxury transfers into his wonderful team. Together they all create a very special place. Thank you once again Hero Beach Club for an unforgettable week at our summer “home”
♥️
Nora N

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nora M
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I loved my room and loved the beach! Bean bags and umbrellas set the mood for you on their private beach. I loved my room-14. I was able to get a little beach view plus the back of my room opened up onto the art garden. I will forever ONLY be staying at Hero Beach Club for now on!

Trip type: Travelled solo