“Great Location and Spotless”

The Ocean Resort Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Great Location and Spotless”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We had planned a four day visit to Montauk and thankfully stayed at Ocean Resort Inn. We had all we needed very close to the beach & very close to town. If we lost our car keys all was well. The room was spotless and anything we needed was provided. Ginny helped with all. "Thanks Ginny."

E. Hollywood, NYC

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ellenhollywood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
West Sayville, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Had a wonderful stay. Had been twice and will return again.

Room Tip: Virgina Galletta wants your stay to be great.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Decided to do a biking weekend - escape the city. The Ocean Resort Inn was absolutely perfect. Super close to the water - great parking area and the room was spotless. Enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after a day of biking and a trip to the Montauk Yatch Club for dinner.

Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank stevens_nyc
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2011

My boyfriend and I have a tradition of staying in Montauk every Memorial Day weekend, sort of our prelude to summer. We've only ever stayed at the Ocean Resort Inn because...simply. we love it! This Inn is so cozy, quaint, quiet, clean and steps from the ocean, really, what more could you ask for! Also, Ginny, the owner is always so welcoming and accommodating and offers some of, if not, the best, affordable rates in Montauk. I would highly recommend the Ocean Resort Inn to all, you will NOT be disappointed! Oh and be sure to check out the color, vibrant and most unique gardens at the Inn...another reason to make the Ocean Resort Inn your home away from while in glorious Montauk Point. All the best for a magical, Montauk moments--really rosie ;-)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reallyrosie2
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I make a trip to the Ocean Resort Inn three or four times every summer and look forward to returning every year. The location is great - across the street from the beach and walking distance to town and the rooms are IMMACULATE!!!!!

I have know Ginny, the innkeeper for the past 25 years - I used to stay at another resort she owned. She is one of the reasons I return year after year. She is warm and welcoming and she and her entire staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. You will absolutely love this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ALEXISMICHELE
Levittown, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed at the Ocean Resort Inn for our honeymoon. It was my first trip to Montauk. Ginny and the staff were so friendly, informative and very accommodating. The view of the ocean from our room was beautiful. The room was so clean and had everything we needed. If we forgot something, the staff was efficient in getting it to us. They had everything you need right there at your fingertips. The location was great! It was seconds to the beach and within walking distance to the charming town and awesome restaurants. We will definitely make this our anniversary spot for years to come. Thanks Ginny and staff at Ocean Resort Inn for the great time we had and for the amazing hospitality you showed us. Bobby and Angela T

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Booked 2 rooms at the Ocean Resort Inn for a July 2010 stay to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday, at least that was the plan. When we arrived to check in Ginny went ballistic, I can’t even repeat the language used but the gist of it was she refused our entry to the resort and told us to “GET OUT because we had to many people”. Well, as the mother of 2 children I was mortified and my daughter was crushed. After being thrown out of the Ocean Resort Inn we needed a place to stay and the Ocean Beach, Royal Atlantic and several other hotels in the area were more than willing to accept our business. It seams strange to me that every other hotel we visited was willing to accept our group with open arms but, the Ocean Resort Inn who knows my family as respectful and responsible people refused our business. Lucky for us there were vacancies at these other resorts and we settled on two ocean front rooms at the Ocean Beach and, they were more than accommodating.
We have stayed at Ginny’s resort in the past with out incident but this episode has convinced me that Ginny should not be running a resort or any other business for that matter. Her behavior that day bordered on criminal and as for her professionalism, when my husband called to check the status of our refund, he was told that it would be sent out when “she is good and ready”.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
15 Thank beachnut88
TerrorMontaukNY, General Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Reservation was made for 4 persons per room for a total of 8 persons. I can not believe I after being in the hospitality business since 1975 could have been decieved and lied to in the manner I was by this reviewer. Yes I did tell the review to leave the property> Limo drpped off 9 young girls and they were sneaking with pillow under their arms to to one of the room that accommodate 4 only. I am mandated by the Town Fire Marshall and I have never in all my years in business ever allow more people in a room than if called for. Fire safety issue. One only has to go back to the fire in White Plains NY that brought fire safety rules and regulations into the hospitality business.

Of course I can expond on I said, she said but in the end I know I did the right thing and am not sorry. I, do not like to be deceived or lied to it's not my makeup. Honesty is always the best policy