“Great if on a budget”
Review of Montauk Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Motel
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Great if on a budget”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at the Montauk Motel this past labor day weekend and had a great time.

Pros: Awesome location- just one short block to town and two blocks to the beach. Friendly staff and great price (best price in town). Fridge in the room for drinks etc. Outside area was nice and pool was nice although we used the beach instead.

Cons: Room was smelly, bed was small and not very comfortable and towels were tiny and crunchy. I was grossed out by the room but my boyfriend couldn't have cared less.

I rated it a 3 because I would book it again since it was a great value for the Hamptons and the location was outstanding. If you don't plan on staying in your room and you are not picky then this is a good place to stay. If you need spcious, nice accomodaions then book elsewhere. For just the weekend the place was fine and it was only an $8 cab ride to most of the bars we wanted to go to (Ruschmeyers, Crows Nest and Surf Lodge. I'll be back next summer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caztravels

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Olivebridge, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2011

comfortable, clean and convenient- we are a family of 3 and had a great stay. Everyone there was nice and helpful and the place had everything we needed. Not the loud party places on the beach, but a relaxed environment a couple of blocks from the beach and around the corner from town. FANTASTIC, thanks!

Room Tip: Just tell Claire what your needs are, and book several months in advance for the busy season.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan P
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I am an artist and live in the city. I have become very fond of the Motauk Motel having stayed there 7 stays in the last couple of years. When I visit there i get the Peace and Quiet I am looking for . The staff is warm and feels like family. What a releif to sleep in such a fresh smelling very clean home like getaway. Where I can even enjoy cooking in the mini kitchen.the beach is a shart walk awat and when their is no wind you can even hear the sounds of the ocean!

Room Tip: ask for kitchen and bathtub
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happyartist_11
New York, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2011

The Montauk Motel has been home away from home for a couple of years now.My partner and myself enjoy Montauk year round with all of its outdoor activities etc.I love the fact that I can go shopping for groceries and go back to the room and cook a feast.(rooms fully equipped with cooking/eating utensils)After a long hike or surf,i know I can rest in a quiet peaceful place.The staff there couldn't be nicer,always available.The room we stayed in last week was just renovated so everything was clean and spiffy.When we visit montauk or anywhere we like to meet and hang with the locals to get a feel for the location and its culture and that is what we feel when we stay there.I will stay there until I can live in Montauk someday.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The staff was friendly and welcoming at this family owned motel. We stayed in a cottage for one night. It was warm, roomy and comfortable. Actually, we were surprised by how nice the cottage was. There was a flat screen tv mounted in the living room. The water pressure was excellent in the shower. The cottage had a lovely deck that I imagine would be very nice in the summer.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Queens, NY
Reviewed 28 March 2010

There are pros and cons to this Motel. The pros: location to the beach, the town, to Montauk Point and the lighthouse are all excellent. We even walke down to the IGA in no time. Another pro is the size of the room - it was quite large and featured a full kitchen, stocked with dishes/glasses/pots and pans. We stayed just one night in March 2010 and were only in town to see the lighthouse & town sights. We were barely in the room, just to sleep, shower, and rest between sight-seeing and dinner. For the price and our purposes, the value was good.

The cons: the room and it's furnishings have clearly not been updated since the 1980s and it shows. The wall paper was peeling, the blinds were quite dirty, and the shower door took quite a bit of prying to get open. Then, when the shower was turned on, (door closed again) the water leaked out onto the bathroom floor at a heavy rate. We
did the right thing and mopped it all up, but it was a major mess. We also found ants in the kitchen.

Overall, the motel provided what we needed for a decent price, but one night was enough. We were glad that the room offered DirectTV, but wish we'd thought to pack shampoo, as the room only came with bar soap. This was our first trip to Montauk and it being the off season, a lot of lodging was closed. Next time, we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank Soychicken24
centerport
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I had the unfortunate experience of staying in this flea bag motel over Columbus Day Weekend...note to self..."book hotel more in advance on holiday weekend".....this was the only place I could find a room. First impression, wow does this place stink !!! Second impression, this room is nasty. I can tolerate a a seedy motel room, considering I am just there for fishing, what I CAN'T tolerate, is a rude disrespectful staff. The daughter of the owner was rude, and her mother was ten times worse. This place is disgusting and guests are treated like garbage...Anybody would be better off sleeping in an alley.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank googinator

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels