All reviews separate bedroom across the street corner unit room was clean location is amazing pull out couch stay there again enjoyed our stay motel ocean amenities beach tv kitchenette porch steps dishwasher
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I was originally concerned after reading some of the reviews. The room was ready when we arrived and there were several available parking spots. Check in was quick and easy. The location is amazing steps from the beach and steps from the stores. The room was super clean and adorable. It was furnished appropriately for the area and looked really cute. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mark S, CoOp unit owner at Born Free Suites by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it. We look forward to a return stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Montauk in the evening so that we could be at a fishing charter at 5 am. I wanted clean and moderately priced for our 5 hour stay.
Every thing was clean, a/c worked, tv’s were high quality, there was ice in the freezer. Double bed was comfortable though cramped for two but pull out couch was comfy.
I got exactly what I wanted and expected. Will go there again next year.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you. We are glad you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We spent one night here in mid April to get a little beach time in. The location in Montauk is perfect. You are only a block from the main drag and the beach is across the street. You do get a view of the ocean, although it is blocked in areas by the oceanfront properties across the street. You can hear the ocean loud and clear with the windows open. I would stay here again for sure!! The room was clean, with a separate bedroom. There is space to socialize with a small living room, table and chairs, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There is also chairs outside on the balcony.

Room tip: Rooms are much cheaper in the off season
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank C1911ZOchristineg
Mark S, CoOp owner at Born Free Suites by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

The room was updated and clean. There was a television in the living room and bedroom. The kitchenette had a dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave. I understand that each unit is individually owned so some rooms may be more updated than others.

The weather was rainy on Saturday, but the owner of the unit we stayed in had board games for use which was a nice touch! I also enjoyed the covered deck as we were able to sit outside and relax although it was raining. Our corner unit also gave us some privacy. I had a chance to peek in at the lower level rooms in the building where we stayed and they all seemed to have a similar layout.

The location of the hotel is great!! Directly across from the beach and a walk to everything in the towns center. There is no pool but I don't think that would be an issue seeing as how close the beach is. We could always use the community pool for a day if necessary.

We will be staying here again and enjoyed our stay!!

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank laura-s1055
Mark S, Co-op unit owner at Born Free Suites by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The positives: great location, walk to town and ocean.
The negatives: everything else including:
-poor condition of room, dirty carpet, broken furniture, mold in bathroom
-people loud and smoking on shared porch
-poor value considering the quality of the room
-not much parking
I will not return.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lsb312
Mark S, Owner at Born Free Suites by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Isb312,

We are very sorry for your unfortunate experience at the Born Free Suites by the Sea.
We do strive to make things comfortable and enjoyable.

A little information:. Like many of the properties in Montauk, the Born Free Suites by the Sea units are individually owned. Each unit is somewhat different than the next because of this. The whole facility is managed by a management company. If you have a bad experience, as you clearly did, I strongly encourage you to let the management company (front desk) know of the problem so that you could be moved to another unit when possible, and that appropriate cleaning or repairs can be performed, and when necessary owners can be notified to fix, repair, or replace larger capital items such as carpeting.

I should also mention that there is a mandatory spring cleaning of all units that includes professional carpet cleaning. The owners are now considering making this more frequent.

As an owner of one unit, I can tell you that I recently spent several thousand dollars to replace all the flooring in our unit that was completely gutted and updated just 3 years ago. We do try to keep things clean and up to date.

I regard to smoking, many units are designated by the owners as non-smoking. When you reserve a room, make sure to specify your preference.

In regard to parking: in March or April, it is usually not a problem since the hotel is not at full occupancy. In the summer months, Born Free Suites issues parking placards so that cars that are parked in the lot that are not owned by paying guests can be removed to insure there enough spots for our guests. If there is a problem, please let the front desk know.

We do hope you reconsider, and give us a chance to change your opinion of Born Free Suites by the Sea.