“Mellow Montauk”

Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

When you enter the MYC it's a very serene and pretty resort. The grounds are well kept and picturesque. I have visited the yacht club for weekend stays at least 10 times and also had my wedding there so I have a good handle on what goes on.

The front desk can be moody and lax. On two occasions it took three attempts to have foam pillows delivered.

The rooms are nice and maintained well. The rooms with balconies are well worth the extra money.

The restaurant is good and you can get a great cheap pix fix during off season. During the high season thu make great pizza on the patio. The bar is always a hopping scene.

The catering aspect of the myc is terrible. If you decide to get married there you must hire a wedding planner to do all your battles for you because they are impossible to deal with.

I find the resort to be over priced in high season but it's worth it during the shoulder season.

Bon voyage

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank jsb331
Monica D, Manager at Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of MYC! I'm glad that our beautiful location on Lake Montauk worked out well for you this year.
We have addressed the issues you brought to our attention with our Front Desk staff as well as our Housekeeping and Catering departments. I have shared this review with our management team for training and coaching opportunities so we may improve and wow every guest who stays with us.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina is a beautiful place to stay. I happened to go there on the off season (mid March), mostly because it's the only time I could afford to go, and I really wanted to see the hype of The Hamptons.

My party and I arrived at the Resort around 11:30 at night. We were greeted by a nice entry way, and a staff member that was more than nice and helpful, especially at the hour we arrived.

When we walked into the room, it emulated the name of the resort. It was straight out of a Ralph Lauren catalogue (which I know is often used to describe The Hamptons in general, but it really was, and in a good way). The walls were white, and the beds were blue-- it was so calm and serene. Our heat happened to be broken, and in March, it was pretty cold at night. However, the gentleman at the front desk was more than willing to give us another room, which shows that he would have done whatever he could to make us happy. We ended up staying in the room because we didn't feel like packing, and unpacking again- but they called in a maintenance guy to fix it the next day.

What the room included:

- A mini fridge
- Large flat screen TV
- Nice seating and desk area
- Big bathroom, with a huge dressing area, storage in the wall by the sink and closet.
- Two very comfortable full sized beds
- A Keurig coffee maker, with an assortment of coffees.
- Balcony
- iPod Dock

Pros about the Resort:

- Nice and clean.
- Has a restaurant and bar in it.
- Has a desk area with tons of seating right on the water (beautiful to look at when the sun's going down).
-Mostly friendly staff
- Continental breakfast (Which I didn't par-take in, but my party said that they sneaked a peak and it looked good).
- Reasonable price

And I'm sure there's more that I didn't get to experience because of the off-season.

Cons about Resort:

- One of the females who worked a morning shift at the front desk was kind of snotty.
- The bathroom sink wasn't properly adhered to the wall-- not a huge problem, but noticeable.
- The restaurant in the resort has a 'prix fixe' menu that doesn't offer a lot of options.

The area of Montauk was nice. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do or experience much because the weather was so cruddy. Driving around The Hampton area was lovely. The landscape, and real estate is beautiful. I even joked that the trees there were more beautiful. It's really a pristine looking place. Though, it's somewhat ruined by its ridiculously outrageous prices. However, like I said, I just wanted to check out the hype of the place. I'm not wealthy (yet-- still young so I'm working on it!), and when going into the other towns where there's more to do in the not so lovely weather (Bridge Hampton, South Hampton, East Hampton)-- it's not so much fun to go shopping; which is something that I wanted to do. However, I refuse to spend $400 on a t-shirt! Besides that, the towns are cute and nice to walk through. I'm sure many people looking this place up, have the money to mess around with, so everything I said won't matter for them.

There are cute little breakfast places in town, and a really beautiful restaurant we were directed to one night called the "Inglet". They had very good food, and really wonderful views. Watching the sun go down over the ocean was lovely.

Hope this helps!

Room Tip: I would have spent a little extra money to be on the water side, so that my balcony was looking out...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lbrookesbee

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Montauk Yacht Club.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and we love to hear that our wonderful accommodations were well suited to your travel needs.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so we appreciate your letting us know of the difficulties you experienced at the front desk and we have addressed these accordingly.
Our restaurant is now serving our full menu as we have progressed further into the season. We hope you get the chance to stop by and experience it!
Again, I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great location, clean and quiet. Although I was told on the phone the Hurricane Lounge was open, as it turned out it wasn't.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Monica D, Manager at Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Montauk Yacht Club.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and peaceful. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding our Turtle Lounge and I appreicate your bringing this to our attention. We will ensure proper information is relayed to guests.
Thank you again for this review and look forward to your next stay with us whenever you travel to the East End..

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Yacht club is situated at the extreme end of the fork. The resort has some great Lake Montauk views which you can gaze all day long.

The facility has a heated swimming pool, Shuttle service to beach and town, Good food, Clean and upgraded rooms with nice bathrooms.

We had a great time at the Baracudda Lounge, the service was top notch.

Will surely come again

Room Tip: Take the Water view, it is worth it...............
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Montauk Yacht Club, I would like say thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I very much appreciate your comments regarding our wonderful lake views, great accommodations, convenient location to downtown Montauk, and our excellent cuisine.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service exceeded your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travel needs bring you back to Montauk.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I like the resort. remember it's montauk. This is advertised as a luxury property which it is not but It is the nicest resort in Montauk.

Rooms all updated with flat screens, iPod docks, Keurig coffee maker, and a very comfortable bed. Rug in the room not that great and had a typical musky smell which you get with hotels in montauk

Restaurant. Was very good Service took forever.

Front desk people were not to friendly

Overall I would return for the right price

Family friendly kids used the indoor pool

They had a very nice outdoor fire pit which was great along with bar

Location far from town and ocean but it is right on montauk harbor and has a nice marina which you could dock at with your boat

The prices they ask for during prime season are outrageous and would never think of paying them but offseason reasonable

Room Tip: Get one on the dock great location
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pete939
Monica D, Manager at Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Greetings Pete939-
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Montauk Yacht Club Resort and Marina. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I very much appreciate your comments regarding our accommodations and amenities.
We are even more appreciative of your comments regarding service issues where we can improve as our staff can utilize these comments as a training tool for the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We went there just after the hurricane in August because our flight to our original destination was cancelled. A lot of people must have cancelled their reservations to MYC, because we got a rate of $200 something per room by calling right after the storm. The place is really very nice. Our rooms were big and comfortable (though bathrooms were small) with a deck overlooking Lake Montauk. There were also pleasant patios and a small pool to sit by. We got sandwiches from the bar near the pool and they were OK. The hotel allows dogs and we had an issue with a guest next door who left his in his room sometimes. We complained to management to spoke with the guy, but not very effectively. The stereotype of NYers feeling entitled and being obnoxious held true.

The location is great: a short drive to the ocean beaches in Montauk, which are gorgeous with miles of white sand. Truly, some of the best beaches in the world. The hotel offered a shuttle bus to them, but we drove. The town is small with a few decent restaurants and bars there and in nearby Amagansett. Depending on the traffic, it's a 20-30 minute drive to East Hampton if you want something fancier, upscale shopping etc. Overall, a good base for a low-key beach vacation. However, it seems like some of the reviewers were paying $600+ a night and I would not have been pleased if I was paying that much. MYC is definitely in the 3 to 4 star range.

Room Tip: Lower floors open directly to the outside.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bosman
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We went there for the WE and booked 2 rooms. Rooms were very clean and spacious (we could have rented only one for the 4 of us), view on the sea (we were at the upper level), friendly and helpfull staff, dinner very affordable with 3 meals, great continental breakfast/brunch, that's a great place to stay when you want to visit Montauk area. I was a bit concerned after reading some of the recent reviews but was really pleased by the place and would recommand it for couples or family.

Room Tip: Most of the upper level rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family