“Excellent value.”
Review of Super 8 Monticello

Super 8 Monticello
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We were very pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews. The hotel is excellent. The manager Mr Nat Gajipara is charming and very helpful. The room, 119 was very clean and well equipped with a fridge, microwave, TV, and a really comfy sofa. It is approx 105 miles from JFK. which made it possible to drive up the day we arrived.
We would also reccommend the Nugget Restaurant, just 10 minutes walk up the main street. We had the best burger ever with a Jack Daniels sauce, a don't get me started on the onion rings. It is also a pub which is a plus in the US.
An excellent base to explore the Catskills area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KD's Mommy

Reviewed 26 August 2010

The manager couldn't do enough for you. rooms had great ammenties, microwave and refridge in room. free internet in rooms. iron and iron board. rooms were very spacious. offered a continetal breakfast. would recommend this property.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank maggie13042
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Not the newest nor most inviting place from the outside (and Monticello is definitely down on its luck), but room was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom new, and staff friendly. Donuts, cereal, juice and coffee for breakfast. Not a bad stay at all.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank roymogi
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We came for the Woodstock 40 festival at Bethel New York. Limited amount of motels in area and this one seemed to have the best reviews. Room was a little small but decent for two people. It was overall clean and very quiet at night which surprised me considering it was completely sold out with lots of folks staying over. The place has numerous amenities for a budget motel including an iron and ironing board , hairblower, and shampoo and conditioner, and all different coffees and teas and a coffeemaker.Also a fridge and microwave..Air conditioner worked extremely well and was quiet.Perfect location for the area and the surrounding neighborhood was safe and away from downtown area a bit. The best part was the management..very nice folks and very helpful. Will stay here again as I come to the area from time to time for concerts. Keep in mind this is a budget motel, not the Ritz Carlton so keep expectations on that level and you will be pleasantly happy.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GodFather1
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I was looking for a place to stay near the Bethel Woods Art Center. Monticello is a depressed area and I wanted to support a local business. At $130 per night at a Super 8 in Monticello, New York, I had the expectations of a rather nice place. The hotel structure is not so bad from the outside, a typical motel. It is near an undeveloped lot. The lobby was well kept. The room was not so nice. Our room, #117, seemed dirty. The carpeting was old and smelly. The bedspread didn't seem like it is was changed between customers. I found a few hairs in the bed. There was grafitti on the wall near the coat rack. The room did have amenties like a microwave, fridge, iron, ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker; I didn't want to use anything. We were desperate not to have to drive back to NYC after the concert so we chose to stay. Management should really try to make the rooms nicer for their customers.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewYorkVillageGirl
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This Super 8 exceeded my expectations. The town is run-down and so are many of the hotels in the area, so i wasn't expecting much. But it was clean, neat, and the staff were friendly and professional and very helpful. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ColumbusOHTravelmom5
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I'd give it 2.5 stars if I could...We stayed at the Super 8 because it was the weekend of our niece's Sweet 16, and didn't want to travel 2.5 hours back home at 11:30 at night. We booked it before we were invited to stay with relatives, and couldn't get our deposit back. We decided to make the most of it, and wanted to go hiking the next morning. Only some of the rooms have fridges, and you don't really know what you're going to get, so we had to pack a big cooler with ice to keep our drinks cold, just in case. The rooms are okay. No frills. The bathroom had a massager head, which was nice. Tiny shampoo, so if you have long hair and another person in the room with you, bring some of your own. But, it was Pantene, at least. My main problem was that our room smelled of body odor. We went to the hotel first to change really quick before the party, and I sat on the couch. It transferred onto my clothes, and I hadn't brought perfume, thinking spraying it on before the trip would be good enough. So, I put sunscreen on myself to try to mask it. I was more sensitive to the smell than my husband. Breakfast was okay, if you are fine with cereal, donuts, muffins, etc. The staff, however, was very nice, and that's why I feel bad giving a negative review!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dakota529
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
2.6 km away
17.4 km away
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Super 8 Monticello? Share your experiences!