Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Official Hotel
Hotels.com
All reviews wellness program yoga classes juice bar spa treatments deep tissue massage steam room massage room great massage game room overlooking the lake lovely resort rooms are beautiful a wonderful stay needs improvement sullivan county fire pit robert
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2020

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I wanted to take a nice relaxing spa getaway. With the price we paid to go we were expecting top line spa services and customer service, that is NOT what we got. First off, what kind of “spa” only offers 50 minute massages? That was the first red flag, but we went with it. Just to note a 50 minute standard massage is $212 dollars.... We went up to the spa area and we’re almost blinded by how bright the lights were (felt like I was in a hospital, not a relaxing “zen” spa). The lights are so bright in the hallways that it pierces through the massage rooms. When I asked for something to put over my eyes, they didn’t even have anything to give me. The spa was not relaxing at all and no one even knows what is going on in the place.

The food was just ok... They only give you 3 options for lunch and dinner (no meat for any meals there). They try selling you a bottle of “Newman’s wine”, which is $7.99 online for $25 bucks. If you are going to consider yourself a high class place, I don’t think selling wine made by a salad dressing company is the way to go. They also made you pay for water bottles during your stay.. for the price we paid to go there they better start giving water and more for free!! They tell you to drink 8 bottles a day, yet they make you pay for it!

Paint the walls so it doesn’t feel like you are in a hospital! Don’t waste your money!!!! The picture I posted was from the trash in the gym. We were there for 3 days and no one changed it. This place will be closing soon at the rate it’s going.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Nytravelgirls
Reviewed December 27, 2020 via mobile

My friends and I wanted to do a quick getaway from NYC; 2-21/2 hours away is the beautiful YO1 Wellness Resort. Yes it is promoted as a holistic/vegetarian retreat but only myself out of a group of 4 are vegans we all still completely enjoyed YO1. You definitely don't have to do all the wellness activities to enjoy the resort. We did however do massages, mud therapies, free yoga and utilized the free mountain bikes to do a nature ride. If not vegetarian or even if you are but not vegan I would recommend doing the bed/breakfast package only (I myself did not enjoy all the vegan meals but breakfast was definitely amazing as it was not vegan/vegetarian). There are restaurants nearby you can drive to and there is a Walmart less than 10 mins drive away.
The rooms are gorgeous and as pictured on their website and really big and spacious( we comfortably fit 4 persons in a room with more than enough space to maneuver and not be in each other way). The entire facility is clean, modern and nicely decorated with a sophisticated relaxing feel. The view from our room was tranquil and nice to enjoy the sunset and sunrise(no balconies). Best part for me was the massage and having my own private steam room located in the massage room that I can used as long as I wanted after my massage. If you are looking for a girls getaway, birthday getaway, couples getaway I would definitely recommend YO1.The service from everyone we encountered was courteous and professional. One staff that stands out(sorry cant recall he name) but she recently moved from NYC to Monticello few months ago, she definitely is the type of person you want working at your establishment and interacting with guests, her friendly, helpful personality radiates joy.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelly0524
Reviewed December 20, 2020

We had a wonderful stay.last weekend, and the place seems very Covid-conscious and to be taking all the right precautions. The resort is new, spacious, and on a beautiful piece of land, just against a small, quiet lake in the Sullivan County section of the Catskills. It's a yoga resort, very health and wellness focused. We were locked out of our room for a while in the morning because of a defective door and they very nicely comped us an acupuncture for our troubles. We plan on going again!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed October 27, 2020 via mobile

Stayed at this resort and spa for 4 days and 3 nights with my wife. I’ll get straight to the point and give you the rundown on this establishment.

PROS:

- Cleanliness: The facility is only a couple of years old and is extrememly clean. From the public spaces to the pool, to the rooms, everything is clean. The on duty lifeguard even de-sanitizes seats in the pool after a guest is done with them adhering to COVID guidelines.

- Staff: The staff was nice and cordial, from the gate keeper to the restaurant staff. Robert in the restaurant took the time to break down and explain all the restaurant offerings, all of this unprompted, which actually added to the dining experience.

- Food: We ate dinner there once and the food was fresh and delicious.

- Grounds: As stated earlier, very clean, great view of the lake.

- Parking: Guest parking is directly in front of the facility. Spacious with plenty of spots.

CONS:

- Skeleton crew: I stayed here in late October, mind you the establishment had just reopened earlier on in the month due to COVID and it is fairly obvious that they are running on a skeleton crew. Though they are nice and cordial, it doesn’t seem as if they have enough staff to keep things running at a high standard. There are no bellboys due to COVID, housecleaning will not come into your room unless specifically requested to, again due to COVID. Only 1 waiter and 1 host in the restaurant and only 1 massage therapist in the entire facility during our 4 day stay.

- No jacuzzi: Due to COVID the main jacuzzi next to the pool is out of service, there are mini-jacuzzis available in the locker rooms but the pool’s main attraction is not available.

- Unable to book therapies: The establishment is advertised for wellness but also as a resort and spa. We were informed that there was only 1 massage therapist available and that he had been completely booked for the entire duration of our 4 day stay. There was not one massage slot available for a 4 day stay, for an establishment to advertise as a resort and spa, that is completely unheard of and borders on hustling guests. For the type of clientele who look to get away from the city to relax, enjoy a serene place, while indulging in a massage or two, don’t be fooled by this place and make sure to call ahead before even booking a room, because from the way things are running now, you won’t be able to book anything, don’t get your hopes up.

- Prices: If you are not part of the health package and booked a room to stay in, everything from coffee, juice, lunch and dinner will be charged to your room. The juices are $10 each. A cappuchino will run you $3. As for dinner, I was informed by staff that dinner was $35 (prices for lunch and dinner are not posted) but upon seeing the check-out receipt, I was billed over $110 for one dinner for two. I don’t know where the $40 dollar mark-up came from but instead of making a stink about it, I just swallowed my pride as I couldn’t wait to leave the place.

IN CLOSING

I really had high hopes for this place and researched it thoroughly before booking a room. I read some negative reviews from guests who stayed here after their October 2020 re-opening but remained optimistic. I wish I had listened to those guests as this was undoubtedly the worst experience I’ve had at any establishment. I can’t speak about how this place ran before COVID, but the way this place runs now, it feels incomplete, and is completely not worth the hype.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank NCCsubie
Reviewed October 12, 2020

Resort and surrounding property is stunning. Nice get-away. Paid $1,020 for one-night stay that included 3 meals and some spa treatments. Paid for "king" room expecting the "king" designation to correlate to the bed size, but the bed size is a queen-size at best. Breakfast and dinner were both very good, lunch was less then average. Many of the amenities are paired down due to COVID as can be expected. Seasoned staff are very nice, more training is needed for the new hires. The beginners Yoga is laying down on your back and taking a nap. Could barely hear the person reading from her "script," so basically a wasted hour and useless. Spa treatments vary depending on your therapist, so hit or miss. All staff seem to be taking COVID precautions with masks, etc. Did not witness any extra sanitizing but sanitizer stations posted throughout resort. Would recommend the Resort.

Room tip: They say the bed's are king-sized, but they are not. The are probably queen sized.
Date of stay: October 2020
Abhiruchi Jain, Marketing at YO1 Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2020

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize that your experience was not as per your expectation. At YO1, we provide guests with an immersive and authentic experience by providing them the necessary tools, atmosphere and motivation they need to seriously commit to their health to transform their life.

We are glad that you enjoyed the beauty and health experience we have created in the Catskills at our health resort. All of our rooms and suites have King size beds on the property, we also have Double King Rooms for guests looking for a more spacious setting. We are providing continuous training to our new staff members; we are learning from our operational kinks from this past re-opening weekend to create a seamless experience for all our guests.

We would like to understand from you how we can further improve. We request you to provide us your contact details so that we can call you at a time of your convenience. We look forward to hosting you again soon!