“Ambience Counts!”
Review of Kisco River Eatery

Kisco River Eatery
Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Mount Kisco
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Frankly, I went here because it is owned by the same fellow who owns a restaurant I like, the Muscoot Tavern, a comfortable no-frills place in Katonah. Kisco River is, however, an entirely different place-a wonderfully decorated restaurant with a casual sophisticated feel. There is a large, comfortable bar that is perfect to eat at. We went for lunch, when the restaurant was not very busy but, while I can't comment on what it would be like for dinner, I have been told it is super noisy on weekend evenings. As for the food, I was delighted to find an old favorite from Muscoot Tavern on the menu--the Montauk Fish Soup. Was excellent. The other order was a steak sandwich, also very good. This place is a fresh face on the Mt. Kisco dining scene. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

When we walked inside we immediately noticed interior is modern with cool earth tone colors that is pleasing to the eye. There is plenty of tables and some high top tables by the bar area that is large. We sat at the bar and
I immediately noticed the bar's height is just a little to high for me especially since I am only 5ft tall, but I dealt with it because we were hungry. It's really not comfortable for me to eat at the bar when the table height is so high, and it is what is is. The bartender was wonderful, she had a great personality and took care of our needs. One other thing we noticed was the noise level was high and that is because the high ceiling was beautifully covered with copper tin, so the noises bounce off the area. Now for our meals that were both DELICIOUS!! My friend ordered the 1 1/2lb. Whole Steam Lobster with corn, and baked potato on the side and I had the Kale & Beet Salad with Grilled Chicken on top with a ginger mango vinaigrette. Both meals were fresh and great tasting. I cannot say a bad word about this place, and we will definitely be back when we are in the area ad long as the food quality and service is good. *Note: there is parking in the back or plenty of metered street parking in front.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Yes, the menu is lovely, but it's a work of fiction because the food is simply terrible. The Kisco Salad, which read wonderfully, was awful, with tasteless, pasty chicken cutlet and those putrid canned black olives. The Turkey Burger, which was also devoid of taste, was overdone to the point of hockey puck-ness, and the side of string beans was inedible. My gluten-free pasta tasted like cardboard; the tomato sauce was heavy, oily, and lacking in flavor, and the meatballs were tasteless (again). I give the restaurant credit for consistency because everything was bad.

Our food also took much too long to arrive and the restaurant wasn't even crowded. When the food finally arrived, one of us was up waiting for the restroom, but the waiter let her dish sit there anyway, growing cold. And the fourth dish didn't arrive for several more minutes, allowing the previously-delivered dishes to grow cold while we all waited politely.

I agree it would be nice to have a good restaurant in Mt. Kisco, but Kisco River Eatery isn't the answer.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Still very good food at very reasonable prices, plus specials, and now this restaurant seems to serve full portions (instead of half portions) of wine. It gets noisy and crowded on weekend nights but it's nice and quiet Mondays through Wednesdays and sometimes on Thursdays too.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

A pretty place, good food, but way to noisy, and very slow service. Some servers were not trained at all, passing plates in front of guests, rather than to the side of each guest. Needs better managerial oversight. They even ran out of one brand of bottled beer, i.e. I had one, enjoyed it, the server asked if I would like another, I said yes, then she came back said they were out of it. And this Early on a Friday night.