“nice solid breakfast”

Pancakes Plus
Ranked #18 of 93 Restaurants in Nanuet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 27, 2015

It's a good homey, locals place. Nothing fancy - although it is much nicer than one would expect from it's industrial garage neighbor. Coffee is good, food is good, portions huge, friendly quick service. Not a fancy brunch or gourmet, just good eggs, pancakes, portions at decent price.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

great place for breakfast and seating down with friend's for pancakes, eggs or just ask for your favorite .

Reviewed June 5, 2015

We have had breakfast here several times. Eggs,bacon,home fries are just fine,but every time we try the Buttermilk Pancakes they are tasteless and rubbery. I cannot believe we are the only people that feel this way.They do a great job with service and friendliness but with PANCAKE in the name you would think they would pay a little more attention to them.

1  Thank sdanser4
Reviewed June 3, 2015

You wouldn't necearly expect to find this pancake house where it's at in a more indutrial area. It's off the busy Route 59 highway and generally pretty crowded on the weekends. Not too many seats, but turns over pretty quick or you can sit at the 6-7 person bar area for counter service. Family run and very friendly. Pancakes are decent. Eggs are about average and potatoes come with peppers and onions. Good prices, decent portions and friendly service.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

So a local told us about this great breakfast spot that we would definitely enjoy. We said, okay, why not. I ordered a burger, my wife ordered corned beef hash home fries, and some eggs. All pretty simple, you would think. Also, the friend who suggested it came with us. His order came out 8 minutes before us, the person who delivered the food wasnt even sure if it was the right table. Its a diner, so things happen, but, it didnt end there. The burger was unseasoned, and despite asking for extra onions, very average amount of onion came on the burger. Onions also unseasoned. My wifes homestyle potatoas were mushy as was the corned beef hash. Also the flavors were all one note, and it wasnt a very good one. Thinking maybe this diner had an Off day or the regular chef may be out, I asked the friend how his meal was, he said great, just like always. So now for the nitty gritty

The Good - The portion size. The burger was big, my wife's plate was filled and almost over flowing, and the plates everywhere I looked seemed to be hearty in size.

The Great - The menu. So many choices but without being stretched too thin. After seeing all the options of each type of food available, like different french toast, or omlettes, or sandwiches.

Why You'd Avoid - Service, Food, and Price. No introduction from the waitress, no name tags, food not coming out even close together, waitress confused as to if food was supposed to come to our table, items missing from the meal ordered, no follow up, asking for items like cream for coffee that went undone, service was bad enough to earn this place 1 star. Unfortunately the food matched the service. I can throw a handfull of ground beef on the grill and stick it between two buns. The reason we go out to eat is to enjoy the food at a different level. Even I know you are supposed to season the beef! Home fries need a light crisp and FLAVOR! this had none. For two people to go to breakfast and pay $25.00 is excessive, especially if it was this bad.

Obviously this is a DO NOT RETURN. No value, No Flavor, and lack luster service.

If you found this helpful please click the yes tab. It lets management know people are wanting improvements and lets me know the time and energy put into this was useful. Thank you

1  Thank blewjaye