“Consistant”

Add it.
Michael T's Italian-American Specialties
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in New Hartford
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michael T's Restaurant is a local family-owned Italian restaurant in New Hartford, New York - serving delicious Italian dishes and drinks in the Mohawk Valley! Since 1983, we've created and served favorites like chicken riggies, greens and even seafood dishes like our famous and fresh haddock. Maybe you're in the mood for scallops au gratin, prime rib or veal chop. Whatever you may be yearning for, Michael T's something special here waiting for you to enjoy.
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Is this a "Fine Dining" restaurant? No, nor does it pretend to be but neither do the prices. We go there close to once every couple of weeks and are NEVER disappointed. We always start with two glasses of Chardonnay. We get two large glasses at a VERY reasonable price that are ice cold. We then order our entries. My wife usually orders a haddock dish that is ALWAYS cooked to perfection. A nice amount of fish, but not too much along with salad and a side. I have either haddock, a chicken dish, a veal dish or another seafood dish. All always consistently good and just the right amount. Our servers are always pleasant and attentive.
Michael T's is our go to place for price, consistency and quality of food. Love it.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

From the reviews on Trip Advisor, I thought this might be better. It has a Cafeteria feel re. ambiance, not romantic or up scale for business. Food was good. I had the broiled seafood platter which was recommended by my server over the veal. Good value. Probably popular with locals, but if you want fine dining, you probably have to go to Utica 5 miles away.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Michael T's Restaurant is very much a local place. The interior is eclectic...looks like many different kinds of places have been combined into one. Booths are made from wooden slats, and my table had been squeezed between a booth and a wall; I had to move the table so I could sit down....and I'm not that fat! Floors are different colors and designs. Ceiling looks like people have been smoking inside for 20 years.
The large windows were nice, though and I did enjoy being able to see outside while I was eating. The parking lot is small....be careful!
The wine list is limited, but there are some good choices available. I had a glass of the Kim Crawford ($8.00) and my wife had the Kendall Jackson Chardonnay ($8.00). There were a few other whites available as well as reds; all glasses were about $8.00.
It's easy to see that you're in an Italian restaurant from the appetizer list: greens, flat breads, risotto bites, shrimp cocktail and "eggplant rounds." I had the shrimp cocktail ($10.00) and was pleased to see five very large chilled shrimp put in front of me, as most restaurants offer only three. My wife ordered the "eggplant rounds" for $8.00. I do not recommend these. They are slices of deep-fried eggplant with a side of marinara. Very greasy, although the marinara sauce was superb and obviously made on-site.
Main courses include a side salad and bread. Salad was obviously from a bag (iceberg lettuce and one slice of tomato and one slice of cucumber), and the bread was definitely not made on-site.
My main course was the eggplant parmigiana ($14.50). It essentially the "eggplant rounds" with marinara sauce and melted cheese. Eggplant was sliced too thinly for my liking and again, was greasy. Looked like the "eggplant rounds" were put on a plate, had some marinara spooned over them, grated cheese tossed on top, and then the whole thing was microwaved. I've had much better, even in Utica.
My wife had the broiled seafood platter ($22.00) and was very happy with it. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the haddock was delicate and flaky. Shrimp were just a bit overdone but still delicious.
For dessert we both opted for the Vanilla Bean Brulee ($5.50 each). Ok, these were NOT Brulee....they were mini cheesecakes flavored with vanilla. I've had Brulee and I've had cheese cake and there is a huge difference between them.
Good thing we had such a fantastic server; she made up for a lot that was lacking.
Total food/drink/tax bill was $88.63
Michael T's obviously has its fans because the restaurant was busy and the parking lot full. It wasn't the worst place I've eaten, but I'm pretty sure I won't go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Delicious greens. Husband and I both ordered veal parm. Husband loved it but I did not like the sauce. It was very spicey like they cooked very hot Italian sausage in it do it was too hot for my taste.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Food is really excellent, wait staff is polite, pleasant. The menu has many choices, really is home cooking.