“Boys night out..”

Price range: US$10 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner to Mario on way back from NYC. Wanted to try for the fact that it was highly rated.
Well it was . Had a bottle of cotes du rhone. Ordered eggplant parmigiana, veal oscar, salmon dinner and scallops dinner.
5 stars for scallops and salmon
4 .5 for eggplant and 4 star for veal oscar. Even though flavor was great it was breaded much more than expected.
Finished with chocolate ice cream.
Yummy. A must try.
Will visit when in the area.

1  Thank boodah b

Reviewed December 31, 2017

Our favorite restaurant - it never disappoints. My wife's favorite is tournedoes of beef and I usually order the surf & turf, veal oscar or the beef. Beautifully presented, always delicious. Even the veggies served alongside the entrees are fantastic. Popovers are outstanding. Desserts are always top-notch. Wonderful waitstaff. 10 stars!!

1  Thank davidwA1044XJ
Reviewed November 15, 2017

If I could I would give Mario's two times five.
We visited Mario's in September. It was my birthday trip. After very unpleasant restaurant experience the night before (see my review for Flavours Restaurant in Pittsfield, MA, and definitely read the owner's response) the dinner in Mario's was the nicest birthday event.
The food was absolutely delicious - one of the best Italian food I had in my life. Beautifully presented, with a lot of seasonal twists, and cooked with a lot of local ingredients. Their popovers are to die for. They are served fresh from the oven, are brought to dining room from the kitchen in the big basket, and distributed among the guests who wish to try them. Try them. I promise you - you will not regret it.
And the service was outstanding too. Our waitress Nina was the nicest person in the world. Not only everything was served with high professionalism, and on time, but at the end of our dinner, on her own account she organized the staff and I got my dessert (on the house) with the birthday candle and singing. I was simply moved. Thank you Nina, and Mario's Restaurant for making my birthday so special.

1  Thank Romi J
Reviewed November 10, 2017

On a weekend trip stopped by this place on a recommendation from a local. Would have driven by if not for the recommendation. Staff was welcoming and attentive. Food was phenomenal. From soup to desert could not have been better. And the pop-overs are to die for! Should sell them to go. I would have taken a dozen! A must to go if in the area.

1  Thank Dug515
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We had driven by Mario's for the many years we've been coming to Columbia County and never stopped. Friends told us it was highly recommended so we took the plunge. Excellent Italian food, warm service--only quibble is that the prices were a bit high for the area.