“Horrible experience, worst thai food ever”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #30 of 101 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Worst Thai food and worst experience. Very rude staff. I have never written a review before. My daughter, who is 7 and I were treated so badly, I felt I had to write a review. We went there for a weekend lunch and the place was empty. We had ordered chicken and shrimp pad thai. The pad thai tasted as if the meat was rotten. It also had a foul smell. I called the waitress to mention this issue. The waitress/cook came to my table already looking angry. I very nicely asked her to make sure we had received the chicken and shrimp pad that as it tasted a bit different. She suddenly got very angry and told me I do not need to eat it if I did not like it and grabbed the plate in front of me without asking and walked away. A few tables away, she stopped and talked to the other waitress who was sitting in a booth and kept on staring at me and my daughter. She then started eating the noodles with her hands as if to check the flavor. She then came back to the table angry again, asking me if "you want the check??" At this point, my daughter was starting to get scared and started tearing up. We then payed for our check and left the restaurant without finishing our lunch as my daughter started crying. I am shocked to be treated this way and wonder how this business stays open. We had such a horrible experience that I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant came recommended for the best calamari in the area. Me personally don't eat calamari but my friends do and said it was very good. I had a dish that included sea food and noodles. It was tasty and a large portion. I had the chicken appetizer with a Thai beer on the side. Let's just say, nothing was left on either plate. :)
The waitstaff was very attentive. I will be definitely be coming back here.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Went for an early dinner to this restaurant one random weekend. Was pleasantly surprised. The staff were super friendly and the food was amazing. All four of us LOVE their food. The seafood was fresh and of high quality. The taste was amazing and authentic... highly recommend this place if you are in town.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We visited this restaurant on a Friday afternoon around 2 so we were alone in the restaurant. After reading the many specials on the chalkboard out front and asking a few questions, we were ready to order our tom yum seafood soups that were large bowls filled with 2 large shrimp, some scored squid pieces, a huge mussel, a scallop, plus many veggies in a nice broth that was not too spicy. It was a steal for $5.95. It's almost enough to split so as to try other things. We split an order of the absolute most tender pieces of squid with a thick, crunchy coating not at all greasy. We ordered a special called CIA spicy chicken that was absolutely delicious with a very large amount of chicken in it plus all kinds of the typical veggies, onions, celery, pepper, etc plus pineapple chunks in a very flavorful sauce that was not overpowering being containered in a homemade flour tortilla would be my description of it, that flared to the back looking overfried but was just perfect when you broke a piece off. It even held its shape where it laid in the sauce. Rice came on the side. We packed enough to take home for another meal. We enjoyed this dish so much, we returned on Saturday to once again order 1 dish to share this time saying to ourselves, we can get the Mexican meal that we were planning at home. We ordered the calamari again as well as a pot sticker appetizer. We tried 2 different beers on both days, well chilled. Our server was very sweet, polite, answered our questions, and stopped by both days to talk to us and wish us a safe trip home. We have dined here many times over several years and have never been disappointed. Try it as a dining location for an excellent meal and not just an eating out experience. I thought that our bill was very reasonable not only for the food that we ordered but the quality and preparation involved in making it.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Based on the reviews, I chose to order from this restaurant for pick up. In the area on business and glad I made the choice. Everything was delicious. I loved the shrimp rolls and the shrimp panang curry. It was excellent! Will definitely order from here again on my next visit!