“Always High Quality”
Review of Karma Road

Karma Road
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in New Paltz
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

We order take out frequently. The falafel wrap, the Kalecado salad, and the cole slaw are our favorites. Soups are always satisfying. Helpful team provides 5-15 minute food service unless very crowded. A rare gem of a deli-restaurant!

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

We really appreciate your thoughtful review, and are glad to hear that you're a regular.
Thank you!
Stay well,

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Very casual, but very healthy vegan/vegetarian food, right in the middle of town. The blackened tofu and roasted brussel sprouts are my favorites.

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you very much, Laura!

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

If you aren't a health food person who is knowledgeable about some of the offerings, I suggest you stick to the soup and daily specials.

Some of the regular vegetarian offerings I found dry or tasteless.

The avocado kale salad has kale with avocado dressing. It's good but no avocado so a bit of a misnomer .

Service is friendly but not so knowledgeable.

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Oh, Ann...I'm sorry that you found our food less than flavorful. If we ever get the pleasure of serving you again, ask to be steered to the more flavorful selections, or to condiments that will help to add flavor.
Our staff is trained to answer any questions a customer may have or to go get an answer for you. If this didn't happen, perhaps it was a server-in-training, and for that I'm sorry,
The KaleCado Salad has that name because those are indeed the two predominant ingredients, some customers ask for extra avocado and we're thrilled to oblige.
Say hey if you come in again...if I'm here I'll be happy to help you myself and we'll get you a rockin meal.
Stay well,

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I wouldn't go out of my way for this little cafe in New Paltz. But, if you're in the area--around the corner at Huguenot Street, for example--definitely stop in for lunch and try the TLT (and add avocado). The Caesar was also good, though not as arresting at the TLT. That tahini they add has changed my perceptions of tempeh bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches permanently. The toasted bread was also better than the usual, but tahini just makes it.

The smoothies were mostly a miss, unfortunately. One was too thick to drink, another was too runny, and the one that was most smoothie-like was a bit bland apart from some ginger bite.

Prices are reasonable, despite what some reviewers say. Sure, $12 for a TLT with avocado might seem like a lot if you are used to cut-rate food, but this is fair for a place serving whole foods. Hopefully some of that also goes to reasonable wages for the young counter staff. While they weren't the quickest (it took a long time for us to have our order taken upon assuming our place at the front of the line), they were all very hard-working and friendly.

For those complaining about the lack of a bathroom, there is a public restroom just across the street, in the promenade (or whatever it's called), with all those cute shops, including a Rhino Records still selling vinyl, CDs, and even some DVDs.

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thanks for taking time to write us a review, ErPr.
I'm glad you had a good experience and that the tahini-on-TLT worked for you!
I'm sorry your smoothies were inconsistent. If that ever happens again, please let a manager know and we'll be sure that you walk out with the amazing drink you ordered.
And, yeah...the water street market rocks!
Stay well, and thanks again

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

I've only been here once and it's hands down already one of my favorite restaurants in the area. I'm definitely predicting going to this place all the time in the future. They're pretty much a vegan place, which is great. They have a lot of variety...soups, salads, sandwiches, and these things where you choose a bunch of sides (but not sides? like what all buddha bowls should be, pretty much). If they have the blackened tofu when/if you go GET THE BLACKENED TOFU. Are we all clear on that? The blackened tofu.

There's nice outdoor seating which rocks. And the people who work there were really friendly.

1  Thank feedthewhangdoodles
seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.
We hope to serve you again soon!
S

Been to Karma Road? Share your experiences!