“Delicious food for takeout”

Mexicali Blue (New Paltz)
Ranked #13 of 103 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Southwestern
Description: Serving Southwestern, Mexican, and Californian fusion, Mexicali Blue takes fresh, natural ingredients and turns them into vibrant dishes. All fresh, never frozen, no cans!
Reviewed February 13, 2018

We were advised when in town to check this place out, but to only order takeout. That became apparent when we walked in to place our order. There's almost no seating, but that didn't seem to be slowing business down.

I ordered the grilled portabello summer squash burrito and they were happy to make that vegan for me. The guac was a bit expensive but delicious. I was glad I ate this back in the room because I had sauce running up my arms which would have been embarrassing dining in!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed February 4, 2018

A bit quirky but I really do like their Burritos. They have a variety of Burritos and usually have a few specials as well. I am never disappointed when I dine here.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 2, 2018

This place make tex-me style food. It is great. Sometime you will wait for an hour or more for your food. The place is really small, so do not expect to order and get a seat. Typically you have to take out your food. The food is good, I love the hot sauce variety. i also love the tuna burrito.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Tiny little place with seating for about 6. Mostly takeout business. Authentic and delicious food. Friendly and helpful staff.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017

He threw a blue corn taco on the grill for me and stuffed it with grilled fish and veggies. It was to die for. Sometimes there's a line but who cares! You are very well fed with grade A food and fast!

Date of visit: June 2017