“nice food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bacchus Restaurant Bar & Billiards
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

solid menu featuring food from local farms. They have done a good job. Choices for all tastes.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank philip v

“Great beer selection and above average bar food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The beer list may seem overwhelming, but the bartenders have a good knowledge of the beers and can deliver one you'll love. We sat at the bar to warm up, get a beer and split a late lunch. We got a California turkey wrap and it was awesome, simple but well executed. The menu is pretty eclectic for bar food, which I love. I might not sit down for dinner there, but I still always go to Baccus when I'm in New Paltz.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Albany, NY
“Unbelievable Beer, Great Building, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have sought out the best and biggest beer menus anywhere I go, and this is about as good as it gets. Almost 500 beers including about 13 non alcoholic beers, Gluten free Beers, ciders, etc. They have a few beers that I have been trying to find for a long time and haven't seen anywhere else. But most people don't care about beer as much as me...
The building is fantastic. A renovated brick building from the 1880's with exposed woodwork and beams with cool but not corporate decorations including a giant moose head and some life size paper mache ladies sharing a tea.
We only tried a bit of the food in our one visit but my daughter said the smoked salmon quesadilla was the best quesadilla she had ever had (that is high praise...). Bean soup was pretty good, I prefer it not as pureed, and my goat cheese salad was good. My sense from out small sampling is that the food was more than creative and good enough for me but it wouldn't be the primary reason to go there. But the building, atmosphere and good service would make me a regular if I lived nearby even if the beer list wasn't amazing. For that beer list I would go even if it was a mud hut.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Paltz, New York
“Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Bacchus is THE place to go if you like beer, though their prices can be a little steep depending on your selection. The restaurant offers a great menu as well as bar food. Good live bands on friday and saturday nights.

New York City, New York
“Go there for the beer or bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

People go here for the beer selection. The food, not so much. However, their bar menu is probably better than most. Regular menu- overpriced and the food is average. Try to crab avocado dip- yum!

Visited May 2011