“Very nice...”
Review of Blu Pointe

Blu Pointe
Ranked #6 of 196 Restaurants in Newburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Description: Set on the Historic Hudson River, Blu Pointe is a Newburgh Waterfront Restaurant that offers something for everyone. The temperature controlled walk-in wine room holds over 3,000 new and old world wines and serves as a dramatic backdrop to our cozy lounge and dining room complete with a blue stone fire place. Blu Pointe offers a farm-to-table menu featuring fresh seafood & prime beef, a raw bar station in our cocktail lounge, private dining room, local craft beers & spirits, and a riverside outdoor bar.
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This place came highly recommended by my daughter and son-in-law. We tried it on a Sunday night and were able to get a table just a stone's throw from the Hudson River.
We ordered cocktails before dinner. They came quickly and accurately.
My husband ordered the shrimp cocktail appetizer. The shrimp were huge and as an added bonus, they served the cocktail sauce with a shot of horseradish so you could add it as much or little as you wish to the ketchup. He thoroughly enjoyed it. Aside; he stirred in all the horseradish.
For an entree, I ordered the Lobster Roll. The bread was a brioche roll which was sweet, warm and delicious. Was not wild about the lobster since my first bite contained a bit of shell and a large piece of cartilage. Aside from that, the pieces of lobster were large but the taste was only so-so. I selected a side of salad with blue cheese dressing after I learned it was house made. No tomatoes which suited me and the dressing was good with large chunks of blue cheese.
My husband ordered the Lobster Mac and Cheese. They used a small pasta which he prefers so the 3-cheese sauce was only second stage to the large chunks of lobster meat. He was well satisfied with the portion.
For dessert, I tried the Flourless Chocolate Torte and a decaf espresso. The torte was rich, chocolatey and topped with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut. The espresso was strong, hot and good as was the rest of the dessert. My husband had the Apple Crepe with vanilla ice cream. There were small slivers of cinnamon and chocolate in the ice cream which set off the apple crepe perfectly.
The service was impeccable, food was outstanding, the view couldn't be beat and the location was obvious and not difficult to find.
Had a great experience at Blu Pointe and would definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Jayme K

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Came in on a busy Fri eve at "prime time" 7PM. Hopeful to get a table with river view. All gussied up with my 8 year old daughter. GIRLS NIGHT OUT. Only a 15 minute wait for a table as I had not reserved. Sat in lounge area and ordered cocktail and mocktail as they doted on my daughter. Seated with a view and duo waitnstaff of Shelby and Christopher. I was so happy with my French Chardonnay, oysters, branzino, kale, and signature lobstercargot. My daughtter with clam chowder, calamari and kids pasta!!! Something for everyone!!! Thanks for the kind hospitality, service with casual ease and a menu to please the foodie and kiddie!!

1  Thank Lcedarpoint
Reviewed June 14, 2017

We had an overall pleasant dining experience. We sat at the bar on a busy Saturday night. Service was spot on and professional as one should expect. All selections were prepared as ordered and were excellent. We'll most definitely dine here again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 12, 2017

I have tried Blu Pointe a few times now, hoping for a better result but every time I have left disappointed. The food is just not great. Bottom line. And it's expensive. Started with a raw bar appetizers, which was fine. Then had two fish entrees which were extremely bland, tons of pin bones left in one fish and the sides were completely over seasoned and inedible. My partners fish was completely overcooked and also bland. Disappointing meal, especially for the price (I believe the fish entrees were about $36 each.) The only bright spot was the service was excellent and we had a beautiful seat by the water.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Overall a very pleasant experience with a varied menu that had a focus on Seafood. A little expensive for a lunch but the food was top notch so ultimately I think you get what you pay for. Grilled Calamari with a caper/olive tapanade was delicious, I had the crab cake sandwich and that too was one of the best I have ever had outside of Maryland. My wife had the Shrimp and Pasta dish which too was excellent. Great setting, great service and great food. Will be back 100%.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Blu Pointe? Share your experiences!