All reviews starbucks coffee stewart airport good size marriott brand convenient place to stay paul mitchell no issues with noise hotel amenities business travel the entire staff mini fridge rooms are clean and comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful nice stay hotel is located light sleeper check in was smooth
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Platinum Premiere member literally arguing with the front desk staff at check in. Moved over to Marriott properties in Fishkill NY tonight and found a much better experience.

Bottom line is there are much better Marriott properties in the area to choose from. I routinely travel the I-87 corridor and stay loyal to Marriott brands. This location does not offer any customer service of any sort, period.

I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 832lovetotravel
Patricia E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear Guest, Please contact me at the hotel so that we can discuss further. I am unaware of the situation. Please accept my sincere apologies for and any inconvenience.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

I booked this property for the proximity to Stewart airport and the Marriott brand. My arrival was greeted by a couple of very welcoming agents at the front desk and checking in was straightforward. They very quickly gave me an overview of the hotel amenities and I was off to my room. Good size space with a a couch, coffee table, desk/flatscreen TV set up and a mini fridge coffee maker right outside the well-lit bathroom. Bathroom amenities are by Paul Mitchell, linens were plush and shower water pressure heavenly.
I am always concerned about aircraft noise at airport hotels, but there was no worries here. However, you can hear every ding of the elevator as well as every footstep and voices in the hallway and the goings-on next door. Make sure to ask for a room away from the elevator if you can.
My other gripe is that the fingerprint smeared windows needed a cleaning and the room could use better dusting on light fixtures, behind the TV and other nooks and crannies. There is little or no venting in the bathroom. There is no in-room safe and the free wifi was intermittent - perhaps the premium paid wifi is more consistent?

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Patricia E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I have addressed your issues to the appropriate staff to insure this was an isolated issue. Please accept my sincere apologies We hope to see you in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is trying to be cosmopolitan as evidenced by decor and a small social seating area with a bar, but falls short with room space, double beds (need queens for our family to share), as well as a very tiny pool. During our stay there were over 16 kids in a pool the size of about 10x20. There were babies in the pool with no swim diapers (I saw the parents take the children out,rip the diaper off, throw it on the pool deck, and proceed to scoop the gel into a hotel towel). The rooms are noisy by the road. The blow dryer did not work on high heat after 30 seconds. We asked for a replacement and they told us there wasn't one as the hotel was booked. Also, trash cans were difficult to obtain, when we did find them the size was about 4x6. I can't believe how much we take advantage of just being able to have a trash receptacle. We did like the shower head (multiple settings).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank christinebenglish
Patricia E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey and please accept my sincere apologies. I have directed your concerns to my staff to insure this was an isolated issue. Again, Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed between June 20 th to June 22nd as official trip. The rooms are clean, cozy and nice. The front desk can be little better especially the night staff. Mostly night staff are either inside or in the outside computer station browsing something. We need wait to grab their attention and ask our needs.

Hotel has a cafeteria where we can order breakfast. I got star bucks hot chai latte as less warm one. It took a above normal time to make and at last got is near colder. If you order some food please check what you have ordered to be cautious.

Apart from that little things, I liked the stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Antony A
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Great overall experience at the Newburgh Courtyard. Hotel was well kept and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Hotel offers a nice indoor pool area and has outdoor seating as well. There is plenty of seating in the lobby and they also offer food and drinks.

Plenty of parking and the hotel is located right off the interstate. My room faced the interstate and you can hear the traffic noise so if you are a light sleeper I'd recommend a room that faces the parking lot.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business