“Okay rooms - really bad service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Newburgh Stewart Airport

Courtyard Newburgh Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Lake Worth, FL
“Okay rooms - really bad service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2007

We stayed here because of the location and the room was clean and adequate. The hotel is POORLY run. We arrived at 11:30pm and there was nobody at the desk. They did leave a post-it note saying they would be back in five minutes. However, it took twenty minutes. I was not bored because there were three other people waiting to be helped. Another couple was saying how they had not had their room serviced in two days. Everyone was annoyed. I asked for a ground floor room but got 3rd floor. I asked for a retrigerator for my sons medication but they were unable to satisfy my request. They did inform me that they received my request. Why? I don't know. They never redeemed my points certificate but instead billed me. I called and spoke with the manager and he said they would correct it and credit my credit card. Two weeks later, I checked my bill and they had never done this. I am still waiting for my refund. I am very unhappy.

• Liked — The room was clean and nice.
  • Disliked — Hotel staff was non-existent, not helpful and management doesn't seem to care.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheFloridaSix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2007

Marriott Courtyards are our stop of choice. Parking was ample and free. The desk people were friendly and helpful. Complimentary apples and hot cookies were available, as was the usual coffee. The room was unusually large and comfortable, with upholstered chairs. The carpet and bedding seemed new. A mini-fridge was installed. The peculiar "window" between the lavatory sink and the bed area worked for us - there's another sink in the large bathroom. A WIFI signal of undetermined origin reached weakly to the third floor, but Ethernet ports and a cable are furnished, so all was well. The helpful desk crew furnished a booklet of recommended eating places, with directions to each. We ate at the nearby Neptune Diner, despite it's name. The menu was varied, food was excellent, and the portions were huge. The waitstaff was most friendly. Breakfast in the Marriott the next morning was adequate, perhaps not as punctual as most Marriott Courtyards are. We'd definitely go back.

• Liked — Spacious comfortable room; internet access
  • Disliked — Breakfast not complimentary
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muttnjeff
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2006

As a Platinum Rewards member, I favor staying at Marriott properties. Nonetheless, on my next visit to this area, I'm staying at the Hampton Inn.

To begin with, the Hampton Inn has a shuttle from the airport. I paid $16 for a ride to this airport.

Upon checking in, I found that not only had they not put foam pillows in my room as requested, but they could not find any foam pillows. Gosh, I wrote this in the reservation, it's in my Rewards profile, and Marriott has created a pop-up window that shows when a property pulls up my name. Even though this request was on the sheet the guy had printed at the front desk, this hotel cared so little about customer service that it became an issue. If this is how they handle their Platinum guests, you have to fear for those who are Gold, Silver, or just walk-ins off the street.

The room itself had the wierdest sink. While there was one sink in the bathroom, this sink was outside the bathroom with a pass-through window to the main room. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a wet bar or part of the bathroom, but it was just plain odd. And ugly.

The room window had smudges all over it. One of the towels had obviously been previously used. These are signs of housekeepers who either don't know what they're doing or are so overworked they barely have time to make the beds.

In short, next time I'm in Newburgh, it will be the Hampton Inn for me.

• Liked — The standard, recently upgraded Courtyard bedding.
  • Disliked — The service, or lack of service.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Hampton Inn nearby.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
7 Thank CJKatl
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2005

This is my favorite hotel in the area to stay at while visiting family. They staff is friendly and polite. The rooms are clean. It has a small indoor pool that the kids my love playing in and a decent continental breakfast. It is right off the highway but it is safe with outdoor locks and staff present.

• Stayed June 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
0.4 km away
20.1 km away
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point

Been to Courtyard Newburgh Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!