The hotel is overall clean and seems to be well maintained both inside and out. Rooms appear updated and include modern amentities such as a flat screen television and free high speed internet access. We stayed in the 2 Queen Bedroom Executive Suite and it was spacious and included at no extra charge, a microwave, mini refrigerator, and a small sink which was very convenient. Most area attractions (US Falls and the Niagara Falls State Park, Seneca Niagara Casino, Rainbow Bridge to Canada, etc.) are all within a 10 minute drive from the hotel and there are also many dining options and other conveniences (Target, Rite Aide, etc.) within a short distance as well. Numerous restaurants in the area offer deliver service to the hotel, so that is a nice option if you prefer to dine-in after a long day of visiting the area attractions. Breakfast is included in the price of the room and there were plenty of options to choose from each day. The hotel staff seemed friendly and were helpful in providing directions, menus, etc. We were traveling with a small dog and there was plenty of green space around the hotel for walking and potty breaks. The hotel had 3 entrances so it was rather easy to enter and exit when needed using your room passcard. Overall, the hotel is nice and I would recommend it to others. Just be alert.
We had our first and hopefully last experience with bed bugs! We arrived at the hotel on Friday, October 14 (assigned to room 313), and around 1am Saturday morning, October 15, I happened to be awake and noticed a bug crawling across the white bed sheets. I was able to grab a tissue and kill the bug and it was clearly full of blood. I started to examine the bed by moving the sheets and blankets around and then noticed sevevel other smaller bugs crawling around in the bed. By now everyone in the room was awake and we all started freaking out a bit over the situation. We then examined the other bed and found a few other little bugs, and also found the same situation with the bedding on the sleep sofa. Once we realized the severity of the problem, we immediately contacted the hotel front desk to report the issue and requested that someone from management come to our room to see the bugs. As it turned out there was only 1 person on duty at the hotel, so she was unable to come to our room to assess the situation but instead offerred us another room which we promptly accepted. Before moving any of our belongings, we went to the other room (411) and thoroughly stripped down the beds and examined every last inch of the sheets, mattress pad, mattress, etc., and they all appeared to be free of any bugs or signs thereof. We then packed up all of our stuff and were finally able to settle into the new room at about 3:30am. I asked the front desk clerk to assure that a manager contact me immediately upon arrival (due in at 6 am) and at 10am Saturday morning I still had not heard from anyone. I contacted the front desk and asked to speak to the manager who happened to be the person who answered the phone. She was well aware of the situation and she said that the owner had agreed to waive the pet fee for our entire stay ($250) for the inconvenience. I was a little frustrated that I had to call her to find this out, but nonetheless they were willing to compensate us for the inconvenience. I further requested that they waive the nightly room charge since we had basically been up all night dealing with the situation, and ultimately they agreed to waive the one night room charge and part of the pet fee. Once we moved to the new room everything seemed okay and we ended up staying at the hotel for 3 nights without any further issues. Sadly, this experience has left us with a lasting negative impression of staying at a hotel, but hopefully we can move past this and enjoy our future travels. After doing some research on bed bugs they are definitely more common than I realized. There is a web site www.bedbugreports.com that lists hotel that have reported incidents. I did research this hotel and all the reviews were pretty good compared to some other hotels, so hopefully this was just an isolated experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Niagara Falls, New York Located just a few miles from Niagara Falls in Canada, guests of our Niagara Falls, NY hotel are sure to enjoy our premium amenities and close proximity to Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG) and to one of the greatest natural wonders in the world. There is no shortage of things to do in Niagara Falls, NY. Everything and everyone revolve around this breathtaking natural wonder that is just seven miles from our hotel in Niagara Falls. Here, you can ride the Maid of the Mist, visit the Aquarium of Niagara Falls, take the Journey Behind the Falls or travel the short distance to Canada and view Niagara Falls at its fullest glory. Other nearby attractions include Murphy's Orchard and Seneca Niagara Casino. Business travelers going to Niagara Falls, New York are sure to appreciate our top-of-the-line business amenities, which include an on-site conference room, computer access, free high-speed, wireless and wired Internet access along with courier, copy, mail and fax services. We encourage guests of our Niagara Falls, NY hotel to take advantage of our indoor pool and fitness center. Every morning, we serve a complimentary hot breakfast bar that features our signature cinnamon rolls. Make your reservation at our choice hotel in New York today to take advantage of our great Niagara Falls, NY hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Express Niagara Falls