Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$169
Agoda.comUS$169
TripadvisorUS$169
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2020 via mobile

HANOVER HOUSE REVIEW

Most of the innkeepers I’ve met have gotten into the business because they love hospitality, decorating a beautiful home, and cooking. Kim, the manager is not the owner and it shows. I rate her at a “C” for filling the role of front desk checkin, cook, and housekeeping. She is doing the best she can, but she does not have the right personality for the job.

*Photos of property are VERY old and outdated. The exterior and interior are MUCH shabbier than shown.
*The bathtub in our room was disabled even though it was shown in the photos. It was disabled because the hot water heater is not large enough! There is probably an easy solution for this problem. I chose this room, #1, and paid more because I wanted to take a bath. Was told by the manager that in the room description only a shower was mentioned. I don’t feel it is my duty to check description against photo. Deceptive advertising!
*Shower drain is not screwed in and leaves the drain open for injury.
*Amenities are not what we are used to in this price point. The shower contained old nearly used up Dollar Tree full size shampoo and conditioner. There were extremely low quality small soaps not much bigger than a silver dollar that were difficult to hold onto. No lotion or anything else.
*Hair dryer worked on low speed only. When I went to ask for a replacement I was told by the manager that for most people low speed is sufficient. REALLY??? No apology. She gave me the one out of her room after I stood there looking at her. This was a known problem and it wasn’t fixed.
*Very VERY hot on the main floor, too hot to be comfortable. No air conditioning.
*Was told to text an hour before arrival (6pm) so she could be ready for us, but we couldn’t tell what if anything had been prepared. Room was super hot and a/c had not been turned on.
*Even after running for 3 hours it was still uncomfortably hot in our 2nd floor room.
*Neighborhood feels quite sketchy. I wouldn’t feel comfortable going out after dark at all.
*No place to plug in my phone on my side of the bed.
*Interior is shabby and unkempt. Microwave box was sitting on the dining room floor. Things were are messy and REALLY dusty.
*Needs a THOROUGH deep cleaning. The windows in the living room were filthy. The windowsills had weeks worth of dust and at least one dead insect on them. Bathroom in our room definitely needs a deep cleaning. Dead bugs and lots of dust all over.
*Breakfast is served in shifts on the half hour. The only one left when we arrived was 8:00 am. When on vacation we sleep in. This did not work for us. She finally relented and gave us 8:45.
*Manager asked us to sit at dining room table for breakfast with another couple that we do not know, with way less than 6 foot proximity. Yuck! No social distancing was going to be practiced. We refused. We asked if we could take our food to our slightly cooled down room and we were told it was not allowed. She finally agreed to let us eat at a table in the living room.
*Breakfast was well below average. We were served an overcooked to the point of being rubbery 1.5 egg very small pseudo-omelette. Inside was a tablespoon of veggies with a teaspoon of white cheese. No exaggeration on quantities!!! Two flavorless sausage patties. Over seasoned unmemorable breakfast potatoes. My husband who loves potatoes in nearly all forms did not eat them.
*I had to really struggle to understand the manager’s English. I asked her to repeat herself enough so that it became annoying. There were some things she said that I never was able to understand.
*Overall the feeling we got was that they wanted to do as little as possible and spend the least amount possible on food, amenities and cleanliness, while making we the guests feel as if they really should be charging us more.
*We paid nearly $200 per night for this awful place!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Beth4405
Reviewed July 3, 2020 via mobile

Room are cute and well decorated. Beds are comfortable and room has a/c. Was a 10 minute walk to Falls along the river. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Kim is a nice hostess. She had great advice for visiting the Falls.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We were met by Kim at the front door and shown around. She is very friendly and chatty and helpful. Shown to our room which was large with a good bed and good quality linens. There is a communal refrigerator in the hall.

Breakfasts were excellent and lots of it.

Kim let us know how to get to attractions which were all walkable. The falls are a 10 minute walk away and provides for not needing a car around a busy tourist attraction.

Would very much recommend

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I booked our reservation months in advance based on reviews and photos on Trip Advisor as well as Hanover’s website for a two night stay in the Victoria & Albert room @ $189. a night from Tuesday to Thursday. When we arrived we were greeted by Kim and learned there was new owners. We were the only two people booked. Kim wanted to know what we wanted for Wednesday breakfast. Who knows that until the morning of! She would make us one cup of coffee but it was tea after that because we were the only guests which she reminded us of several times as if we were to accept less accommodations because of it and marginalizing the first getaway for us in years. There was no WiFi/TV as advertised, just ROKU which did not work. The parking area/gardens behind the house was a total mess. The inside did appear clean. However all the website pictures must be decades old. After a half hour we left for other accommodations in a five star inn, full breakfast, same rate, clean and spacious, great staff and an absolute wonderful stay…and the Falls were just a step away!

Date of stay: September 2018
3  Thank NIAGARA2011
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay at Hanover House. The location was perfect because we could walk to everything. It's right next to the Niagara River. Kim is a wonderful, accommodating hostess and our room was clean and beautiful every day. We highly recommend it!

Date of stay: August 2018