“Park place bed and breakfast niagara falls, ny”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Park Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 13 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Mark and Beverly were such gracious hosts! They both went over and above to make sure we were comfortable. They suggested a darling restaurant while on our 15 minute walk to the falls. The place itself was a great piece of history while having all the modern conveniences.
We stayed in 4 bed and breakfasts while on our trip and this breakfast was the best! Mark put extra effort into creating something a cut above. Everything about this B&B was elegant yet warm and so inviting at the same time. We appreciated the warm customer service and the peaceful ambiance. This was the only place that asked if we had any dietary needs. My vegetarian needs were more than met. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a cozy and memorable stay. The price for the room was also very fair. I even had a luxurious bathrobe to lounge in!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda R

Reviewed 5 October 2011

WOW, were do I start; the Park Place is just awesome and the owners (Mark & Bev, cant remember last name) are very good folks, they both make you feel like you are part of the family. In my recent trip (this is my 3rd time), I took my executive team of 4 couples and we had a blast and again this place was like home. Also, I was impressed with how clean the place is. On many occasions I would see the owner Mark working day to day tasks and heavily involved in what I would call the vision of the place. I think Mark grew up in the area, so his knowlege of the whole Niagra area was super helpful with the places that they "local" folks would visit.

The food was like eating at my house, if you plan to go ask Mark to cook up what he calls his moms eggs benies, I am not so sure what he makes it with but the Canadian bacon with the H sauce was wonderful. Also the coffee was brewed fresh every day and the owner would was running around accomodating my exe staff (which is a tough crowd to please). We will definatly make the Park Place a regular place to stay when we are in Niagra. The wife is attempting to already fit something in for mid July.....

Again this place is top shelf in our book.... Bronco...

Room Tip: All the rooms are good from our experience...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DMC367
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Mark was an excellent host from the minute we walked in the door. He advised us on everything to do at Niagara Falls and told us about some great local restaurants as well. Out of three bed and breakfasts we stayed in during the week this was the best. The house was beautiful. It was a little smaller than the other two we stayed in but the customer service and the great breakfasts more than made up for that. Any concerns were immediately addressed. I'll be recommending this B&B to all my family and friends and I hope to get back there someday. It really is within minutes of The Falls. We would have walked all the way if the weather had been more cooperative. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Mark and Beverly were great & so was there breakfast! This is a very clean & quite place where after you have had a full day of activity you can come back to and relax, read and call it a day with no distractions. It is one of the few Bed & Breakfast that I have stayed at where almost every room has its own private bath. If you are coming to Niagara Falls N.Y to Visit, this is the place to stay because all of the great attractions in Niagara Falls are available to you with a very short drive or a short walk from Park Place Bed & Breakfast. It is in a very nice part of town where there are a lot of historical homes located. From Park Place Bed & Breakfast you can get to any of the following in just a few minutes.
The Niagara Falls Aquarium, Rainbow Air helicopter, walk across the Canadian Bridge, Visit Goat Island & see Niagara Falls, Visit The Cave Of The Winds & Ride On The Maid Of The Mist Boat for one of the most breath taking views you will ever see in your life. If you like rapids just drive about 15 minutes to Lewiston N.Y & take the ride of your life on a river rafting boat in Class 5 rapids! If you like to gamble you have the Niagara Casino. We had a great time. Everything we wanted to do and see was right there!
Just one thing If you are looking for a loud place with a gym & a swimming pool with a flat screen T.V this is not a place for you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have stayed a numerous bed and breakfasts across the United States and I m surprised this place is still in business. Here are the facts about our stay.

To start off our visit - the owner switched rooms on me and did not tell me until we arrived. I did happend to look at the confirmation email he sent late the night we talked. Sure enough it had a different room on it than the one he told me we would stay in.The room we had was tiny and had a little window unit for AC that barely kept the room comfortable. Additionally, the roll-away bed we asked for (we have a 7 year old with us) turned out to be a cheap mini mattress on the floor until I complained. Then the owner brought up a cheap cot. Our room was dusty and smelled old / mildew (mold).

This one house in old Niagra Falls accomodated about 12 people when it really should have only had about 6-8. The shower was "rigged" with a shower curtain that stuck to you because it the rod holding it was not propperly put in. There were no washclothes in the room and the old house was not in the best of shape. The owner denies that he over booked, but it was easily apparent that he had and there were way too many people in the B&B.

Breakfast was just ok. A little fuit added to yogart and average french toast (I do better at home). We were glad to get out of there and my wife absolutely hated it there.... it was the only negative stay of or twelve day trip.

I would never stay there again....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank smtowncop
ParkPlaceBB, Owner at Park Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

We are disappointed this review has been posted. This review was posted 2 months ago and subsequently removed by Trip Advisor as inaccurate and outside their guidelines. It is now being re-submitted by the guest. We provided the guest with a confirmation showing the room he was placed in. The room he was in has a queen bed, dresser, 2 night stands, two chairs, and a side table. It is not small. The room is the former master bedroom of James Marshall, the patriarch of the house and has a very large, full bath attached. The house is a 1913 build, Historic Home, it does not have central air. All our rooms have in window air conditioners and cool the rooms in summer just fine including this week in July when we were in a heat wave.

We placed a full size roll away bed in the room for the child at the request of the father only to have the mother later request of me to remove the frame and place the mattress directly on the floor to make additional room for their breathing aspirator. I did so at her request only to have the father later object in this review. At the time, we even removed the additional fee for the extra bed/person in the room in an effort satisfy this guest. At which time he said everything was fine.

Our home has 5 rooms that can accommodate 10 adults along with the occasional 3rd person in a room such as a child or another adult. Such was the case with this guest. We had 10 adults and one child, theirs. We were not overbooked.

We have glowing reviews of our breakfasts on Trip Advisor and I can only attribute this guests opinion as affected by their perceived poor experience.

We wouldn't normally refute a review like this but we feel we are being attacked by a guest who perceived we fouled his reservation and is now going out of his way to re-submit a previously deleted review by Trip Advisor months later in a venomous fashion.

We'd be happy to discuss this with anyone including Trip Advisor or the guest.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

The house is overwhelmingly dark with all the wood trim, sparse furnishings, creeky floors...and you can tell the owners dont live on the premises full time. Our room was tiny tiny and the shower was ridiculous-- the tiny shower was fitted with a shower head that was super low, even average sized folks would have difficulty managing let alone someone 6ft! If you are just looking for a bed to sleep and dont want to do anything else in your room like the ability to move about, watch tv, get ice in the evening then this is your place! I'd recommend avoiding the third floor and make sure your room is locked at nite since theres no telling if the last guests in actually locked the door....and theres no owners checking behind to be sure!
Breakfasts were good, and we liked the neighborhood just fine but for the $ theres probably a better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank friendofmyheart
ParkPlaceBB, Owner at Park Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

We are sorry this guest did not fully enjoy their stay at our B&B but much of what they write is either inaccurate or simply the nature and essence of the home. The house is a 1913, Registered Historic Home built in an Arts and Crafts architecture. Tiger wood woodwork and deep rich wood colors are predominate throughout the house as is characteristic of an Arts and Crafts style home. It is not dark. The floors are 98 year old, original wood floors and they creak. Most of us will creak a bit at 98. The nature of the craftsmanship and architecture is typically the very attribute that draws most guests to our B&B. If you visit our website at parkplacebb.com you can see we are not sparsely furnished.

We do live on the property full time but like most others we have an active social life outside of our work including children, sports, family, recreation, entertainment, etc. and we are often away from the property at times other than when servicing our guests.

Park Place has many rooms of various sizes and we recall this guest was looking for budget so we accommodated them in one of our smaller, full bedrooms which included a converted antique claw foot tub. We pride ourselves on offering a B&B that is a quiet retreat and we don't advertise or offer TV's in the rooms. (although we are reconsidering the TV's based on some guest feedback) The entire house is open to guest use to move about freely and use including our spacious living room, library room, dining area, and veranda. We make any guest needs available to them including the kitchen and ice.

All our guests are provided keys to their rooms and the front door of the B&B to come and go as they please. We check the safety and security of the home constantly including the monitoring of an alarm system. We provide our guests the freedom to come and go as they please and trust they will help keep the house secure.

We are sorry they did not like the architecture of our home but you cannot dislike a zebra because you don't like stripes.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Mark and Beverly were great! When we first arrived, my wife had roses a few days old. They trimmed the stems and refreshed the water. Really nice room with a balacony. Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple