“Uhh, dogs, dog hair, parking awful, and noisey” 2 of 5 bubbles

Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Uhh, dogs, dog hair, parking awful, and noisey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

One night was enough, dog crap near most walkways in the area, dogs in hotel rooms and who wants to share their bedspread or furniture with that of a dogs butts, really!, dog hair was in my room and at the end of the hallway i could hear a barking dog, the hotel is could be a lot cleaner, noisey crowd in lobby and blasting music, staff was ok, parking is in the lot but very crowded and you may have to park on the street, for me, never again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank john w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Caledonia, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

First, for a multi story Hotel they only have two small parking lots, maybe twenty five spaces each. Asked at the desk where to park and she said - one and a half blocks away by the Days Inn. Really? She didn't care where I parked. Next the mattress had a dead bug under it. Finally the small parking lot had a big light that the curtains couldn't keep out, ditto for keeping out morning sunlight.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Paul S

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is the worst hotel ever. we went for the easter week end 2012 first we couldn't park are cars because there wasn't enough parking for the hotel then we couldn't use the safe in the hotel. the rooms were dirty we had not shower head in the bath room. the room across the hall had to be aired out for 2 days, we went down to the restaruant and orderd food and the girl working there said, it was kind of busy go to our room and she would send it up then we found out there was a $2 charge for them to bring the food to our room, The fries were cold and the hamburger wasn't even cooked all the way through and the veggies and dip were missing,
they brought up our veggies and dip but it took 1 1\2 hours to get the fries and by the time we got them my grandaughter was asleep. There were only 2 elevators and the first night 1 brought down and we waited no less them 15 minutes each time we wanted to use it. we tried to use the valet parking because there wasn't enought parking and 2 1\2 hours later when we went to order the food the car was still sitting out in front of the hotel when we asked why the didn't have a answer then they couldn't find the key,
it was the worst time ever and I will NEVER TRUST this hotel chain again.

so run as fast as you can across the street;.

Room Tip: don't rent here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhonda G
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights during my son's hockey tournament. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but this is where the team was chosen to stay, so we had to suck it up.

We paid $124/night - - - considering we were there as a large group, and it's the off season in NF, I thought that was a little high for an aging hotel. The Giacomo is directly next door, and had comparable rates (including breakfast), and looked soooooo much nicer.

Our room was out-dated and the beds not especially comfortable. On the plus side, there was a nice flat screen TV with more than enough channels. Also, WiFi in the room gave a good, strong signal.

This hotel is very strict about kids not playing any type of hockey in the halls, which disappointed my son, who brought his knee hockey set. There is a game room with pool table, which kept the kids entertained.

We only had one meal in the attached Legends Bar & Grill. Food and service were average at best. Fortunately, there is Hard Rock Cafe, TGI Friday's, Starbucks, and Donatello's Pizzaria within walking distance.

If we had been in the area for a family vacation, we would have chosen a different hotel, but overall the Quality Hotel did the job...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Pahoa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of Dec. 16 to Dec.18th during the Niagara Holiday Market. I had read a previous review about the noise level of a room above the bar so I called ahead and requested a room away from the bar but facing the Holiday Market, this request was done with Gary and he was extremely pleasant. We arrived and parked our vehicle with no plans to move it as the hotel was within walking distance of both the Holiday market and Seneca Niagara Casino. I had made reservations through Choice Privileges as I am a member and I was able to get a great room price that I reserved and paid for back in November for this weekend. My concern was that we were going to be charged twice because once we arrived the front desk said it had not been paid for prior to our stay BUT I just received my charge statement and thus far do not see a double charge.

For the amount we paid, I find the bad reviews extreme but then again, I did request a room away from the bar as the prior reviewer suggested so that in itself was a plus. Our room was not noisy and we found the holiday music from outside very uplifting. The room itself was simple BUT large. The mattress and pillows were so very comfortable that we slept in and I even heard housekeeping out in the hallway to which I told her to not worry about our room as we intended to sleep in. The room was very clean, large and we had two double queen beds which was nice because we like using extra pillows.

We went to their bar/restaurant for both nights of our stay. Legends was very accommodating and we felt the pricing was very reasonable. There was a band there on Friday night when we ate but we found them to be very fun and even sang along with their rendition of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline". Our server both nights was Robert and he was extremely attentive. Our first night we had the special of a large pizza and wings for a price of $16.00, how can one go wrong on that? Second night was a fish fry, mushroom soup (which was amazing) and I had a strip steak which I had ordered medium but it could have been perfect had I ordered medium rare; I am a waitress myself so I was not about to complain because the steak was still good despite being a little over done.

Overall, we found this hotel to be VERY pleasant and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank annabelle2007
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed at this property for one night while visiting the Falls. It is located quite a long way from the Falls (about 30 minutes walk), but we knew this when we booked it and that just meant that the price was reasonable.

The car park was busy, but we managed to find a space. We arrived before the allocated check-in time, but one of our rooms was ready which was great because it meant we had somewhere to store all of our luggage.

The room was a nice size and was very comfortable.

The only disappointment was breakfast. It was served in the bar attached to the property. We were given coupons for breakfast, which only entitled you to a set number of things - such as mini muffins and mini crossiants. It really was not worth getting out of bed for.

All in all though, a nice hotel at a reasonable price for the Falls.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maheshsinghi
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

If you stay at this hotel, make sure you request a room far away from the bar. We stayed on the third floor above the bar. Every Thursday - Saturday they have live music in the bar until 3 am. It felt like the music was playing in your room. I was there for a hockey tournament and the kids got no sleep, so there game play was off because most of the kids got not sleep.

The front desk could care less that you got no sleep. Finally got moved the last night at the hotel after I told them they would pay all of the medical bills if I fell asleep at the wheel driving home 6 1/2 hrs.

This hotel does not have enough parking for everyone, so you need to drive around and wait for someone to leave or valet your car, which took awhile to get.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family