Considering most of the hotels in the Niagara Falls, NY area are older and in need of repair, I was looking forward to my shopping trip and enjoying a newly refurbished hotel. The hotel itself is very nice. Everything is new with a very modern feel. We did have some problems checking in though. We had booked a room with 2 queen beds but they gave us a room with a king bed only. It took 2 other attempts, but we were eventually given the correct room configuration. The staff seemed a little flustered with a computer system that didn't seem to be functioning properly, but they were very apologetic and tried their best to fix the problem. Considering the hotel had just opened a week earlier, I figured they still had some bugs to work out and I would cut them some slack this time. For our inconvenience, we were given some free breakfast vouchers. The restaurant was very nice and had a great river view. The standard bacon and egg breakfast was average but my sister really enjoyed her french toast. Even though we had the vouchers, I looked at the prices and found them reasonable for a hotel restaurant.
The rooms were average in size but each room has a kitchenette which was very helpful as I was travelling with a child. The beds were all brand new and super comfortable - I had a great sleep. The bathroom was very upscale with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. If you are going to spend any time in your room, make sure you request a river view. I was also impressed with the indoor pool area. It was very large and there was tons of seating around it. As well, there were large windows all around it with river views so you didn't feel like you were in a back corner of the hotel like so many other pool areas are. I didn't see a hot tub so I don't think there was one.
Keep in mind, that although this hotel is in Niagara Falls, NY, it is not within walking distance of the falls. It is better suited to business travellers or those looking to do some local shopping. I plan to return again as it is one of the nicer hotels in the area - I just hope they work out some of the kinks with their room assignment software.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, situated on the waterfront, is perfect for weddings, vacations, or business. Our hotel has 141 rooms, 5,220 sq ft of meeting space, an indoor pool, and free wifi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- 4 Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls