“Hard to better this hotel in Niagara Falls New York”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Hard to better this hotel in Niagara Falls New York”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Living only 30 minutes away from this hotel, I am able to come quite often and have
stayed in all the rooms except for the penthouse suites which is reserved for high roller
gamblers in the casino which is attached to the hotel. Should you plan to spend $5,000 to 80,000 plus in one night Im sure you can get one of 7 penthouse suites.
Please note that this is a completely smoking facility . Great for Canadians who cannot get a
smoking room anywhere on the Canadian side . There are non smoking rooms and there
is a non smoking section within the casino as well. Smaller , but it appears the demand is for
the smoking type.
The basic rooms are just fine and mostly renovated with either 2 doubles or 1 king on preference. Views are all good. You cannot really see the falls on the fallside except for the mist, so you are not missing anything if you do not get that side. No worries.
The centre rooms are double the size with a living room and bar attached with a pullout sofa.
And there is a nice Jacuzzi tub in the master. ( on its own by the window not in the bathroom..nice)
The corner suite is my favourite with floor to ceiling glass surround ...one big studio type
room nicely laid out with a jacuzzi tub again in front of the window with a 45 inch flat screen
tv to watch while bathing or in bed or combined with your partner.
nice furnshings, elegant with electric curtains( same as centre suite)
and surround sound for the tv or radio.
Room service is 24/7 and in good time.
The food is from the 3 sisters restaurants which serves breakfast all day.
The casino buffet is always a favourite and reasonable.
The Western door steakhouse is great. I sit at the bar and Frank
is the best bartender in NY.
the Asian restaurant is also very good and the Italian.
So far no complaints.
Tim Hortons is now there and serves also 24/7
I am Canadian...so why do I come here and not the Canadian casino hotels?
Free drinks
greater and better comps
nicer rooms
you can smoke
winnings are better
the service is better
great casino hosts always looking to please
good entertainment.
great centre bar to play poker and listen to the daily band
more exciting and vibrant.
Book in advance for first comers as the hotel is usually over booked.
Put all charges to your room and get your players card to record your bets....
you may get a comp room proving your play, or have your meals covered.
There is also a spa on the 3rd floor with pool .
Some people bring their kids......but why? Great Wolf Lodge is over the border and minutes
away..take them there! This is an adult facility and not geared for children in any way.
There is plenty of free parking inside and out.
Free valet parking as well....with tip of course.
Best entertainment value in Niagara Falls New York.

Room Tip: Always ask for cancellations at 6:oopm and 9:pm exactly if no rooms available
3 Thank rayz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Spent XMAS weekend in Niagara Falls and had an incredibly relaxing stay at the hotel. The service was great and the room was always clean as a whistle. Dining was excellent and we even won a few bucks in the casino. We are not the proverbial high rollers but it doesnt take a lot of money through the machines and on the gaming tables to earn you comps and even room discounts. $55 dollars a night for a hotel like this is outstanding and quite the savings. As always, the personnel at the hotel are very friendly and forthcoming. This is the place with everything and is a destination that we always enjoy going to. A hint for the traveler, buy your gasoline on the Indian reservation as it is usually about $.30 cheaper per gallon.

Room Tip: "Ask for a room facing the falls and Canada"
3 Thank awesomebillfans
WNY
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed over for one night in Sept. I was a little nervous about booking on their website, because I knew the rate, but when I made the reservation the email I got for confirmation only had the date. Did not state the room rate or type. Arrived about 1:00 pm,and our room was ready. I requested a room on a high floor, on the falls side, because it was out 25th wedding anniversary. They put us in a room on the 26th floor. What a view! Everything was beautiful and modern. We walked down to the falls, which is only a few blocks away. Had a bite to eat at a restaurant a just around the corner from hotel. We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice. We ate breakfast at the buffet. Food was okay, average buffet food, which I am not a big fan of. But we had points on our card, so we got a discount which made breakfast about 11.00 for two. I would go back again if the price was right. Some nights are much more expensive than others, so just look for a cheaper night. There is a Hampton Inn right around the corner from the casino, which would give you free breakfast and a jacuzzi tub, but not the wonderful view.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the falls side.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1Travelerfrom
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Love this hotel best rooms great price only hotel that has big city service to bad it is not in our casino in Canada

• Stayed December 2011
Buffalo
Reviewed 17 December 2011

after contemplating numerous destinations for our anniversary getaway weekend, we decided to stay local. This review comes from the perspective of somebody who drove 15 minutes from home to get here, so it was definitely not necessary to sleep there. Having said that, here is the review:

We had the valet take our car when we drove up. We decided not to wait for the bellman as we only had one bag. There were plenty of bellmen available, but we only had one bag, so it would have been silly to wait.

Room:
Checking in was very swift and efficient as we were both given keys to our room 1105 on the 11th floor. It was not a corner suite. We quickly went up to the room and were very pleased. The decor was fresh and new, definitely upscale. I have traveled for various careers and have seen the inside of scores of hotel rooms. This would qualify as a definite high standard of rooms (no it isn't a suite). There was a wall unit across from the bed that I think might be impossible for visitors to fill with clothing. Plenty of room there. The bed was large enough, I believe it was king size and it was comfortable. A seperate vanity area with makeup mirror was used both days by my wife who commented on what a nice convenience it was for her. The bathroom was very well appointed with plenty of bath, hand, and wash towels. The toiletries provided were also of good quality. The shower was quite large and had plenty of water pressure. All in all, the room gets an A plus in my book.

Restaurants:
The Western Door:
Our first night we had reservations for the Western Door Steak House, which we were looking forward to. Our dinner was a rather lengthy and leisurely event, as we did not want to be rushed. The wine list is very good, and we enjoyed two bottles of wine with dinner. I was a bit disappointed in the filet mignon. I had ordered it medium rare. It definitely was medium, and even well done in some parts. My wife's meal was perfect. I did make a comment to our waiter who offered to bring me another steak. I declined but was appreciative for the gesture. Appetizers were fantastic, done to perfection. We did not have dessert, as we were just too full. I have dined at this restaurant many times. This was the only time that it was not ABSOLUTELY perfect. You would really have to have a personality disorder to make a huge scene about how my steak was done. It just wasn't that off to voice displeasure on the internet or to demand that it be taken off the bill. You will enjoy it here.

Three Sisters Cafe:
We had breakfast here both days, and it was perfect. I am not sure why there have been all of the negative comments about this restaurant on tripadvisor. Service was fine, and the food was good. We did have one visit here at midnight and had a very late dinner on our second night. It was not haute cuisine to be sure, but who can expect that at midnight? My reuben was perfect, and my wife's burger was done to her liking also.

Casino and gaming:
We have been coming to this casino since it opened. I would not consider us to be regular or habitual casino visitors. Having said that we have been to casinos all over the world. As we were really here to just enjoy peace time alone with one another, I was surprised at how much time we spent at the casino. But...we did truly enjoy the experience. We enjoyed the table games, as well as the slot machines. I was stunned at how long our play lasted at the slots. Our first night we ventured into the casino after our 7pm dinner and did not leave until 2:30am. We had only lost $55 between the two of us. I'd say we got our money's worth of entertainment, which is why we go to the casino. All in all, the gaming experience was quite fun.

Smoke in the casino:
I am a smoker, and my wife is not a smoker. Every time I hear people complain about smoking in a casino (no matter where it is) I have to laugh. You are in a casino. There are people who smoke, and it is not illegal yet. Get over it. It won't kill you for a day or so. Yes, you can smell smoke, but if you are so intolerant of smoke, you probably should just not come. Just about anything in moderation is tolerable as far as I am concerned, and my militant anti smoking bride was just fine. You know why? She didn't focus on negative energy.

Daytime trips:
As a local, we knew about the Niagara Factory Outlet Mall, which we decided to go to and do some last minute Christmas shopping. It made for a relaxing couple of hours, and we did get some great buys at the Samsonite store ($219 for a 3 piece set of luggage).
Across the street from the casino were a bunch of vendors in prefab little shops for the Christmas holiday. We found at least three vendors who we purchased unique items from, some of which were gifts to ourselves!

I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed our stay here. It took some convincing for me to spend money on lodging when I live so close, but we will very likely do it again. Great job to the staff and management. This casino and hotel has gotten it right!

5 Thank Louis C
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I love the comps and the hotel at Seneca but I am a non-smoker. I showed up late and ended up getting a smoking room (your reservation is never guaranteed). I am OK with the casino having smoke and the small non-smoking part in the center of the casino. But then the room smells like smoke. Even the towels were smoky. You can not escape it as there are no windows to open. I felt very sick the next day due to all the smoke. (i feel sorry for the house cleaner). I told the front desk that I got sick and they did not seem to care. They told me sometimes the reverse happens and smokers get non-smoking rooms. (I doubt they get sick from this!) I have cancelled my future reservations here.

Room Tip: Show up early to get your choice of a smoking or non-smoking room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Born2Travel_Canada
Rochester NY
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Clean, comfy, nice toiletries, plenty to eat and gamble all you want. All in all...can't go wrong

• Stayed November 2011