All reviews soup this family run hotel spent one night here three courses central place to stay foie gras lovely hotel stay there again the river dordogne area english region bath sarlat village garden
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our hotel room was a good size and the bathroom was very spacious. The room was cleaned beautifully everyday. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel was very nice although quite a high price to eat there every night and morning. The pool area was good and we loved playing table tennis.
Things to be mindful of: in the village itself there aren’t really any other places to eat other than the chalet over the river. There is nowhere locally to get croissants etc so you needs to pay €11per person per day to get breakfast at the hotel. Which is fine is you are happy to drink juice and tea/coffee then are going to eat a lot which I don’t.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

A lovely leisurely traditional regional Sunday lunch in a nice outdoor setting. Three courses for €33 per head, and beautifully presented. Friendly service, and pleasant staff. Only other people eating here were French, a good testimony.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017

This hotel was disappointing for me. It is in a lovely area, but it needs some upgrading. The room was clean and freshly painted, but the outside could use some help. Maybe it was because it was late in the season and the weather was getting cold and rainy. But carpets on outside stairs were partially torn up. It could be a very beautiful place. It looks really good if one doesn't look too closely. Hopefully, the management will do some sprucing up before the next tourist season.

The restaurant looks like it serves very nice gourmet type dishes, but, unfortunately, I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat foie gras, etc. So I did not partake of the offered fare. And worst of all, they mixed up my reservation and I didn't get the room I reserved.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank interestedCalifornia
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a nice location on the Dordogne,just 2 mins walk from the river.
They are opened for lunch and dinner.
Staff are welcoming and help translating the menu in english.
However,it was a good experience but not that great,anyway not much choice in the area.
Soup was nice and fish dish.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017

My wife and I have been visiting this Family run Hotel every year for the past 31years. Our experience has been 5 star on every occasion. However this year we arrived an d found that the Delebie family had retired. The difference is there for all to see. Although the Restaurant seems to produce meals of the same quality the service is appalling. What the new management have done is get rid of half of the waiting on staff. Therefore those that remain seem to find it difficult to cope. One evening I witnessed the occupants of three tables get up and walk out.Where there were flowers,there are now none,and the public areas are badly in need of a refurb. The beds though are of good quality. It seems to me that the new management took over just before the new season. Perhaps next year it will be better. However we ish them well.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple