“Great view, fantastic host!”
Review of Ifestio Villas

Ifestio Villas
Ranked #3 of 34 Oia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We were in Santorini for a family wedding on the other side of the island and decided to come to Oia for 1 night as a b'day treat for my boyfriend. I chose Ifesto villas because of the reviews and i was not disappointed! When I emailed to book, very last minute, the villas were fully booked but the owner Katerina offered us a room in the villa she lives in. A cosy cave room with a bathroom downstairs. I mentioned to the wonderful Katerina that we were in Oia for my boyfriend’s birthday. Immediately she set about organizing an unforgettable night out for us. She booked us dinner at the beautiful Sunset Taverna and even organised a delicious cake (with candles) to be brought out by the waiters. The next morning we ate breakfast overlooking the spectacular caldera. Bliss  If you are in Oia do not stay anywhere else! And THANK YOU Katerina :)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K-Fed123

Reviewed 10 July 2009

Santoroni was our first stop for our honey moon, and also the best place.we were so surprised with the ifestio villas and Katerina is very helpful, give us so much useful advise for our trip in santorini, especial about oia,where to see,where to eat,where to swim. ifestio villas is really wonderful, just as Katerina said, she prepared everything for you. it's lucky for us to choose ifestio villas!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank utan_zhou
Reviewed 8 July 2009

When you imagine classic Greek isles, you imagine white buildings and blue domes sitting atop plunging cliffs. Ifestio Villas is all that and more.

The caldera view from our balcony was picturesque and the villa was ideal. It truly is cliff dwelling. Katerina, the owner, was extremely welcoming and made our stay very relaxing. She furnished our villa with a thoughtful arrangements of food for a simple breakfast or snack. It's those little thoughts that make this place so unique. We stayed for three nights in the largest villa and wished we had invited friends. The villa can comfortably sleep eight and would be a great retreat for a close group of friends.

Overall, I can easily see myself returning to Ifestio Villas. If only it was closer to NYC.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anschoewe
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Amazing view, great location, clean and charming rooms, fresh made jam and cakes, plus a personal trip planner (if you want it!). We, my sister and I, stayed in Villa Parida for 3 wonderful nights, which has a small kitchen, nice and well-equipped bathroom, a bed room and two other sleeping areas in the common room. The best part is the balcony! It doesn't get much better than sitting outside with coffee or wine and soaking in the beauty of the caldera from your own balcony. There was also A/C although we didn't use it, as well as a small TV and wireless internet.

As every review mentions, Katerina goes out of her way to make your stay the best. Not only did she offer suggestions of what to see, what to do, where to eat, but she also bargained for a discount for our car rental and even offered her own clothes for cooler nights!

You will have a wonderful stay at Ifestio, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbugRNG
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We chose Ifestio based on the reviews on trip advisor. They did not steer us wrong. Katerina was extremely helpful with what to do on the island. Oia is a wonderful village and our stay was magnificent thanks to Katerina. You cannot beat the views in Oia.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loopyliz
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Santorini has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I'm a Greek American and this was my first trip to Greece. My cousin, who has made many trips to greece over the years accompanied me. She made all the arrangements, and let me just say to her "Bravo Marina, you made my first visit to greece wonderful". She picked the most beautiful place for us to stay called the Ifestio Villas. Let me just tell you the view from our balcony was absolutely breath taking, it left me speakless and believe me thats hard to do, just ask anyone who knows me. The villa was so charming with its french doors to the balcony and the cozy little kitchen, which was well stocked with all the essentials. Our host Katerina Kontoe provided us with everything we needed t help us start the day, like coffee, bread, butter milk and juice to name a few, and also some extra special welcoming goodies, like some Santorini white wine and her home made tomato jam, which was out of this world. I had some on toast every morning with my coffee as I relaxed on the balcony soaking up the morning sun and view. All of Santorini was so beautiful, but what made the Ifestio villas special aside from the view and charming villas was its extordinary host Katerina. From the minute we arrived she embraced us like a mother wraps her arms around her children to hug them. Katerina treated us like we were her family. She knew everyone in Oia and told us where we should visit and where we should eat. Not only did she know all the history about Santorini , but about all of greece, She took the time to tell me wonderful things about the parts of greece my grandparents came from. She is a very special person. One of the best days I had was when she took time out of her day to take me all over Santorini. She took me to the other side of Santorini to see the spectacular view so I could take pictures, then we stopped at a roadside vegetable stand and tasted sweet wine and bought spices and lentils. We went to the black sand beach in Perissa, and then her freind's wine vineyard where we tasted the wine and had a gourmet meal. I came to Sanorini a stranger and left making a new special friend. the Ifestio villas has become my new home away from home. I would like to express a very special Thanks to Katerina with her passion and love of Santorini and never ending warmth and generousity you made my visit more magical then I ever imagined. Katerina, you are awesome.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jpada17
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I never could imagine that the feelings that I felt while I was watching the sea from Ifestio would be so fantastic....It was like a dream, like a place that I always wanted to be actually...like heaven...

Ifestio means volcano in greek language, and the reason that I visit Santorini was the volcano and for sure the wonderfull view from caldera..!!

Katerina, the owner of this place, is something more than a simple house owner...is THE right person for a pleasant stay in Santorini...the service, the houses, the friendly enviroment, the smile...everything...was more than a dream...

It was one of the most beautifull trips that I ever enjoy in my hole life...Santorini is the place to be...Ifestio Villas is the place that dreams...come true!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple