All reviews yogurt minute walk the ground floor two single beds bus stop oia hotels amazing views hard boiled eggs cleaned daily steep stairs nice pool luxury hotel george path caldera balcony santorini
Reviewed July 27, 2017

So this “resort,” although somewhat outdated, was in the perfect location for our stay in Santorini. It was just on the outskirts of Oia, a small, picturesque Greek town, but well within walking distance and a relatively easy walk since there is a path that runs from Fira into Oia. There are a lot of tourists and near sunset everyone packs Oia to see the spectacular sunset. The road into Oia has a part we called the gauntlet where there was only one lane, the path ends so you need to walk on the road, and every type of vehicle is trying to get through. Watch out for side mirrors. Leaving the resort in our car was harrowing each time since the walls were built too high to see around and there was no parabolic mirror to help check traffic. We survived by driving cautiously. The resort is a series of rooms with loft bedrooms and generally nice balconies. The air conditioners are poor and our friends had to catch the condensation with a bucket. There is quite a breeze and when you could open the windows the rooms were comfortable. There are plenty of items in the rooms that need repair but to be honest with you, they weren’t so bad; I would even consider staying here again due to locations and price. The pool is okay but I question how often it is cleaned, not because it looked dirty but because it seems to me the people running the resort could care less about such things. The breakfast is to be avoided not just due to the bad food but the dishes were dirty as well. Walk towards Oia and have something at Mes Amies. The resort could use some updates and if you’re looking to be treated nicely, this is not the place to stay. The workers are indifferent. If you are like us, need a place to sleep, sit by a pool, and use as a hub this place worked fine.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skluger
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Our airline lost my luggage, and our transport from the airport to the hotel dropped us at the wrong hotel. Once we found Atlantida, Peppi the hotel manager was outstanding.

Granted her English isn't very clear, she has a heart of gold and did her absolute best to be accommodating. She was a doll our entire stay.

George and his Mother own the hotel and are fabulous. George is a quiet soul, but smiles with honesty. His mother and her dog Mira are wonderful!

The views are absolutely fantastic with a short 1.5 mile walk to Oia. Lay at the pool and take in the views, rent an ATV and explore the island.

This is a beautifully located hotel, with just the right amount of accommodations but nothing extraordinary. The AC worked, we had a fridge and a coffee maker. The room was clean and was cleaned daily. The 3 pools are very well maintained and cleaned daily by the staff.

Definitely recommend and would stay again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I splurged on this hotel for a night, and it was TOTALLY worth it. Quiet and calm, it was at the other end of Oia. I spent the afternoon poolside, only leaving in the evening to walk the hiking path into Oia. The bed was comfortable, the view was beautiful. I got some much-needed rest here. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Quiet and peaceful with a pool and a view of the caldera
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2017

The views are amazing. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. It's not a far walk from the Oia city center, bout 15 minutes, with a supermarket on the way. The breakfast was nice, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, and a variety of breads. The pools were clean and pleasant. As a family of 5 we enjoyed our time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I am amazed that I didn't see any negative comment when I made booking. Now, I really need to write this review so that no one selects this hotel. The property looks nice and clean from outside. We were impressed when we first got to this hotel. I shouldn't complain when strong sun, blue sky, white buildings, and nice pool with the fantastic view are in front of me. Hotel receptionist was unfriendly, unprofessional and rude. She didn't have any welcome look. She greeted us like a robot. Her English was not clear so difficult to understand. I didn't feel welcome at all. She gave us a very brief introduction when she took us to the room. It was so obvious that she wanted to make business when we asked her to book us a dinner. She suggested another place where she could get extra charge. She gave me a verbal confirmation of late check-out but on the last day she complaint about it. "You Guys!" was how she called us.

A/C in our room didn't work so that we called the technician to fix right away. He came and said nothing. That evening, we found A/C didn't work at all -- nothing came out and extremely hot. George sent us a poor fan. We again called for help. We finally got another poor fan. I didn't expect to pay $300/night for this horrible place. In the morning, we got complain from George. He was tired because our call bothered his sleep while we couldn't sleep the whole night. They gave us new room which was smaller. No one offered help to carry luggage.

Breakfast was very low quality and looked dirty. Silverware is nasty with yellow spots all over. nice view on the top floor but food and service made it the worst ever.

There was no "sorry" or any apology from the staff or hotel manager. it is not worth 570 Euro!!!

I doubt how this hotel survives in this business if they continue hiring this reception, manager, and these hotel staff. I suggest the hotel owner to revisit their staff's performance. I travel almost every month for 20 years, this is the worst I have ever seen. This hotel really ruined my trip and my Santorini memory.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is