“Dream house in Oia”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Wonderful views from the front porch!
the house overlooks the Aegean straight down
'The cave house itself is very well designed and has a lovely finish!'
'In the 'cave house' the accommodation is both enchanting and comfortable!'
'Maria stocked the kitchen with beverages, fruit, coffee, fresh baked breads/jams!'
a full kitchen
'The bathroom is a mosaic wonder.
'The beautiful bathroom is a wonder in itself with all the mosaic work in it!'
The artistically tiled bathroom!
The dome shaped walls are totally covered with small squares of every color and style imaginable
'Greek Paradise' on Caldera cliff
'Greek Paradise' cave house
The house is located right in town but far enough below the Main Street to be convenient yet private
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RiveraceA...
Austin
“Dream house in Oia”
Reviewed 6 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Maria's cave house is a wonderful way to experience Oia and Santorini! The pictures speak for themselves -- but still don't capture the sense of rapture and peace that you experience here.

The house feels like home immediately -- and it's well appointed with everything you need to make a meal, amuse yourself or relax. The bathroom is a work of art -- because it really is a work of art created by Maria herself! You can sense the joy she had for making this ancient cave house an ageless retreat.

The location in Oia is perfect --just far enough below the well-touristed pedestrian walkway that you don't even know the people are there. But not so far down that you're exhausted climbing steps. Its also just a few meters away from the area everyone gathers for the amazing sunsets.

Maria was in Oia during our stay and she was a charming host. Very helpful personally acquainting us with everything in the cave house and making great recommendations for beaches, boat rental and the like. Her rental car recommendation was terrific as well -- we had too much luggage for any Euro-sized car and 4 people -- and they went above and beyond to accommodate us.

One of the true highlights of our two weeks in the Greek islands was the invitation Maria extended for our family to watch the sunset and have dinner with her from the rooftop of one of her other houses on the island. Four hours and full bellies later, we were fast friends. It really was a treasured multicultural experience that was above and beyond any expectations.

Do not hesitate to stay here -- it will be a memory you'll never forget.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
2_bedroom...
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Stunning, Perfect, Unique. Worth every penny.”
Reviewed 16 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

We arrived in Santorini after having my tethered wallet removed and unclipped from my front pocket in the Athens Metro. (Advice: separate your cash and cards. Don't keep it all in your wallet.) Anyway, we arrived at the property in the evening and the keyholder, George was not in his photo shop. Fortunately, Maria, the owner, had provided me with phone numbers and we were able to reach George's son who arrived at the shop less than ten minutes later to let us in. The property is simply stunning. You could not find a nicer view on the island. Be aware that there are quite a few steep and narrow stairs to get to this cave house. The unit is small. Think more like "cave studio apartment" than "house," but more than adequate for our family of four. The photos on TripAdvisor are accurate, but understand that they do make the property appear a little larger than it is, but it is every bit as beautiful. We sat at that triangular table for many meals overlooking the sea. There are even cushions for the benches behind the wardrobe in the bedroom, but we didn't take them out. Maria accommodated us with a brand-new "pack and play" type crib for our 12 month old. The home was beautifully decorated and childproofed adequately prior to our arrival. The kitchenette is fully functional and has everything you might need, with the exception of a microwave, but it does have a kettle, a small oven and a three-burner electric cooktop that we used to prepare most of our meals for the week. It was difficult to keep everything clean, as our kids are pretty messy, but the cleaning lady is a miracle worker! The place was spotless and our laundry was in the washer/dryer combo unit when we returned the day she came. Next time, we'll talk to Maria about arranging a deal for her to come more often, because it was wonderful to find the home so clean when we got back. There is no safe in the home, but our netbook computer, camcorder, passports, portable DVD player etc were left in the home when the cleaning lady came and were still there when we returned. I want to bring Maria's cleaning lady back home with me! We visited in the off-season, so many attractions (Akrotiri ruins) and businesses were closed, but on the upside, there was hardly any traffic, we had the beaches to ourselves to comb for treasures, and we had a wonderful time! We plan to return when the kids are a little older, and we are grateful to Maria for her hospitality and for making this the highlight of our European/North African vacation. (I soon got over the rather substantial sum of money I lost in Athens, but I haven't had time to replace my driver's license and SCUBA card yet.) You really need to rent this cave house! You won't regret it. We also rented a car which made getting around the island much, much easier. There are many rental options on the island, but I advise getting the smallest vehicle you can for two reasons: the roads are VERY narrow and twisty- there is not room for large vehicles to squeeze past, and also gas/petrol in Greece costs about triple what it does in the US (we noticed the cost was not much cheaper in Athens). Still, you need to do this once in your life. It was amazing!

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers

Your age range 25-34
Prangins
Reviewed 3 February 2011 for a stay in October 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44

Lafayette, Louisiana
“A dream come true!”
Reviewed 14 January 2011 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

I planned this trip to Santorini with 2 of my girlfriends a year in advance and did much research into looking for the right property for us. I was so fortunate to come across this little gem and soon became fast friends with the owner Maria. We stay in Maria's villa for 2 glorious weeks and felt like I had died and gone to heaven. The view of the caldera and the location of this villa was perfect. Close to everything but away from the noise and tourists. It really became our little home. Everything was perfect!!! I could not have asked for more and would certainly recommend this property. You will fall in love with this Villa and Santorini.
Thank you Maria for making our stay one I will never forget.

Ella Johns

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Tourists
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing