“Food and view is amazing”

Kastro Oia Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We just roaming here n there and found this restaurant.
The view was amazing from this restaurant and food was quite good.
I found little bit expensive.
I have ordered chicken fillet and it quite tasty.
Happy Travelling!!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We heard great things about this place, so went for the sunset.

The food was good overall. The service was very prompt (almost brutally so), as they are clearly trying to get people through, but massively lacked the warmth you find everywhere else in Greece.

The view was good, there is a footpath in front of the tables so people are constantly stopping there for photos, blocking the view. The staff are very good at moving people on, but in that environment they are fighting a losing battle.

To watch the sunset in Oia (definately recommended) I would watch it from any of the wonderful view points within 50m of the restaurant, then go somewhere both cheaper and nicer for dinner, where you can enjoy the wonderful Greek hospitality.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

If you want to watch the sunset while eating the dinner, choose this restaurant (you have to book a table in advance). However, do not expect the quickst service or the very best food. Maybe there was nothing serious to complain about - the fish was fresh and tasty but for example Mousaka was finished and the waiter brought two portions of mushrooms instead of one (there was no problem with taking just one). Prices typical for Oia: high.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Came with five friends for the sunset view and enjoyed several bottles of wine. Service was great and enjoyed the experience....BUT, the next day I was in the area and stopped by to use the bathroom which has its own steps to the side of the restaurant. After using the restroom I was met by a nasty employee who very harshly yelled at me, “You ask first next time!” I apologized and expressed we’d been there the night before and spent quite a bit of money and thanked him. Made me feel as though if I weren’t spending money, I wasn’t welcomed. They had no issue allowing restroom use when the restaurant was full. Now, keep in mind that this restroom does not even require the patron to enter the restaurant area and has its own staircase to the walkway above. This employee was sitting at a table WAITING for me to come out to confront me. I was so offended by his brassiness and would not go back or recommend this after it ruined my thoughts about what I had believed to be a nice establishment. You can catch the beautiful sunset just as easily from many other locations in the area. We had originally considered returning for a full dinner that evening but from now on, I’ll pass on this place and the righteous attitude of its employee.

1  Thank John I
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here during he sunset at the recommendation of a friend who is Greek. The food was absolutely amazing and the view was breathtaking. We had a shrimp pasta dish and a the catch of the day. It was delicious. Call ahead for a reservation!