The magnificent view is the hotel's only real asset and the owners exploit it to the full. We spent 4 nights in the hotel in July 2010 - it was our third trip to this island. We were quite disappointed to find our "cave" room damp, cheaply furnished and cold at night. Rotten smell was present throughout our stay. Our kids' beds did not have any blankets at all, and thin sheets were laid straight onto the slippery mattresses. The was an extra blanket on the shelf but it looked too dirty to use. The Spartan and dated decor of the room reminded us of a youth hostel, not a resort hotel that charges over 200 euros a night. The bathoom was in need for redecoration and so tiny that taking a shower was not only an unpleasant experience but also a technically challenging one, especially as the shower head could not even be fixed onto the wall and water kept spilling all over the place. The washing basin was smaller than a shoe box, hence brushing teeth or rinsing a swimming suit required some skills in order to avoid a mess. Breakfast was basic and unappetising - one kind of bread rolls, one type of cereal, cheap sandwich sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs.... greek yogurt saved us every morning! Others already mentioned that the hotel does not have a pool. However, at the reception they will happily give you an old washed towel of undetectable colour to use at the pool near by, if you ask for one. In conclusion, unless you are an unpretentious traveller, this place is not great value for money, even for an expensive island like Santorini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your holidays at Golden Sunset Villas in one of the most picturesque Santorini hotels in Oia overlooking the marvellous Caldera and the sunset! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Golden Sunset Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sunset Villas Hotel Oia
- Golden Sunset Hotel
- Golden Sunset Villas Oia, Santorini, Greece