We cannot recommend this place highly enough. We are a young couple (27) and were way out of our price-range when we booked Endless Blue, but it was beyond worth it. This apartment offers the single best view of Santorini and its surrounding islands/beaches. The residence has everything you could need (wi-fi, cell phone, full kitchen, private patio, stereo, great windows, ac, safe-box, etc). The bathroom is simple and nothing fancy, but there is a jacuzzi out on the private patio, so we recommend taking showers outside anyway! (Our one disappointment was that the jacuzzi jets can't be turned out post-10PM as a courtesy to the downstairs apartments... and Santorini really only gets dark around 9pm.) Marko (who runs the hotel registration,) coordinated everything for us-- from our easy arrival/pick-up at the island's port to our private-boat rental, while Nicolo (who cleans the rooms & provides concierge services,) was also wonderfully helpful, friendly and respectful of our privacy. We spent a full day just lounging on our secluded patio, enjoying the sun (and, in the evening, watching shooting stars), listening to music, cooling off in the jacuzzi, drinking champagne (1 bottle courtesy of the hotel), and occasionally stepping out to explore the restaurants and shops nearby. The apartment is nestled in the heart of the touristy but lovely main pedestrian-thoroughfare of Oia, but is set back just enough to maintain an atmosphere of quiet and calm. (There were, however, many curious tourists taking pictures at Endless Blue's front gate... but we could not blame them-- it really is a gorgeous setting.) We rented a small private boat the next day to explore the island's surroundings. We stopped at beaches and at the volcano, and enjoyed being in control of our time and location. We anchored the boat in a quiet cove so we could swim and relax alone-- highly recommended. But if you prefer guided tours and added company there are many options available, and most of the guided tours pause the boats to provide guests with a stunning view of the Santorini sunset). Before you set off, pack bottled-water and sunscreen. Buy sunscreen before you arrive in Santorini. We learned this the hard way, failing to head the warnings of another trip-advisor review, and we ended up paying 18 Euros for a tiny bottle of SPF30. Then again, almost everything is expensive in Oia. If you cannot handle a steep climb from the shore up to the village (it IS tough-- we're in pretty good shape yet found the hike difficult under the blazing sun), you will have to shell out money for a cab or donkey (yes, donkey). The village is open 7 days/week, but many of the island's other historic sights are closed on Mondays, so schedule wisely. If money is not an issue, go for Endless Blue. If money is indeed an issue... still go for Endless Blue. We have been a couple for 10 years and have never had a more romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Maisons Exclusive Boutique Hotels is composed of 2 Luxury Hotels: Aspaki and Oia Castle Luxury Suites. Due to its unique location on the cape of the Caldera right in the heart of Oia Santorini, Aspaki Exclusive Hotel offers best panoramic views of the Caldera, Aegean sea,entire village with blue domes and Volcano while ensuring ultimate privacy and tranquility for our guests. A common pool and bar/restaurant is available. Oia Castle Luxury Suites is located under the Castle of Oia which is the best spot to watch the famous sunset view in Santorini.The Suites and Villas were combined with every modern-day luxury and private pools or Jacuzzis offering direct sunset views and Caldera, windmills and sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki And Oia Castle
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki & Oia Castle Hotel Oia
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle Greece