See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Dear All please dont booked this hotel, because my reservation was cancel by the hotel, after one week , they take the payment to your card!!! Please becareful they steal your money because the have your card data account ... never do the mistake like I was do!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruru G
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Our rooms did not match the details of the ones we booked. When we arrived we found there was no reception. A ph number was stuck on one of the doors, we rang it but no one answered. We made enquiries at the businesses next door and was told to try a hotel down the road. The breakfast was non existent. Our friends were not picked up from the hotel as promised. The shower leaked and the girl at reception was one of the rudest people I have ever met. To top it of there was a huge smelly rubbish skip outside the rooms.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank NorthStar733746
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I do not understand the bad rap about this harmless little hotel.

There was nothing wrong with it. It has a very good value considering it has a very good location and has all the amenities that a normal hotel has. It is in the middle of Fira.. The Fira town centre, the local bus station, all cafes, shops restaurants and the sunset views are 3-5 min walk away. To get to any beach on the island just walk to bus stop 5 min, take a local bus and in 15-20 min you are at a beach of your choice.
The room had all the amenities, everything was neat and clean, everything worked fine, the lock on the door was very secure, etc. What else do you want?

I met both the cleaning lady and the owner of guest house and they were both very nice. The only small critique that they never seem to answer their phone or emails. But otherwise everything else worked and was totally fine. Also the guests can use the nice pool in Blue Sky hotel which is sister hotel to Lignos and is 100 m down the road.

Considering the high cost of accommodation in Santorini central, Lignos is very reasonably priced.

And no, I am not a relative of friend of Lignos owmers, I am a genuine traveller. I would stay in Lignos again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last week on a Greece holiday for a few nights.

Hotel offered free transfer and then upon emailing they stated I should book a taxi instead. Not sure why a hotel would offer free transfer to just advise me to book a taxi.

Also upon arrival demanded the full cost of the hotel, in cash. I argued for 5 minutes saying I had already paid before eventually showing my bank account app showing payment. I still had to argue that my £182 payment was the €210 for the room as apparently they don't understand currency conversion. I was then told they would speak with management and get back to me. They never did and they never apologised. Luckily I was wise enough to not be handing over cash. Very fishy.

Stayed: August 2017
4  Thank John P
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Booked this because we saw it advertised for a low price on a different website, should have checked the reviews on here first. The room itself was pretty nice, had the basics we needed as we were out all day but the shower was awful, water went everywhere as the shower curtain was too short and the sides didn't cover the whole shower? Also didn't seem very safe, the front door has a thin wooden shutter over the windows which you could easily break and reach to unlock the door which didn't seem good at all. It says on their website they can do airport transfers, but when we asked to book one they said it was unavailable.

The staff were really rude and when we checked in asked us to pay the full price of the room in cash (bit dodgy in itself as receipt cannot be proven) even though we had already paid. Thankfully my boyfriend logged onto his bank account and showed the receptionist he had paid, who then argued with him that he hasn't despite him showing her proof, and then said she would check with her manager later. We got no further response on this, so I can only assume they realised their mistake, but didn't get any apology of any sort or even mentioned it again.

Also, we asked them if they could print out our voucher for an excursion and they told us their only printer was broken, and had a go at us for not booking it through them. At least it wasn't expensive but we tried our best to not have any contact with them throughout our stay because of their awful attitude.

If you have a tight budget like we did then go for it as the room is fine, but don't expect any helpful service what so ever or even the minimum of polite staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple