All reviews hot tub private jacuzzi huge room fira city morning breakfast central location place to stay shower curtain caldera view double bed breakfast is served sunset airport balcony santorini luggage accommodation
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Great views and balcony, but other than that my room needed an update. The place they gave me was not in any pictures on the website I booked on. Room looked run down with no pictures on the wall and the bedding looked dirty.
Bathroom was a joke as well, shower was right in between the sink and toilet with nothing separating the two.
I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Unbelievably good! Rooms superb. Irinia the owner is a goddess and all the staff delightful and very helpful. Coolest music in Santorini in the lounge bar upstairs with awesome views of the sunset from everywhere . Very central location so don't whinge if you wanted somewhere really quiet.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2016

The best thing about this room is its location and views from the balconies. The rooms are nothing spectacular very basic. make sure to check bed sizes because the we arrived and we were shown the room there was a double bed supposedly but it was just a bit wider than a single, but the manager took us to a slightly bigger room for 3 of our nights. Breakfast is served at the bedroom balconies which is nice. At night however it is noisy as there is a cafe/bar above the rooms and you can hear music and moving furniture. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: bigger rooms have private jacuzzi. bed sizes vary
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I was there with my boyfriend in June 2016, and we had an amazing time. It is a small apartment but with a lot of privacy. The service was wonderful, The manager was really nice. and the breakfast included was really good. The location, which is Fira was the best, close to Firostefani that is also beautiful but too quite, I prefer Fira, it is even better than Oia.
I highly recommend this place to stay in Santorini. It is no fancy, but the view and the café on the top are great, if you compare the price with other luxury hotels. Anyway who want to spend all the time in the hotel when is a lot places to go in Santorini.
This trip was a dream!

Room Tip: The best room is the first one, or that one with Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulee986
Reviewed June 2, 2016

In a nutshell, Iriana is of 3-star standard with 4-star prices because it has great views. If loud music bothers you, don’t book rooms 2 or 3 – the hotel needs to be more honest about these rooms when you are booking them. The music comes through the ceiling and not even ear plugs fully blocks it out. Rooms are average. Our room 3 isn’t half as big as it looks in the photos. The mini bar is actually an empty fridge. The rooms are clean. Iriana has a café which seems to be its main focus, so don’t expect lots of hotel staff. There’s one man who looks after guests – he’s friendly and professional. He is let down by his unprofessional manager who is arrogant and lacking in people skills. If there isn’t a problem with your booking, you’ll never have to talk to her and should have a good experience. Our stay didn’t go quite as we’d hoped and we experienced a mix of great and poor customer service – read on if you want to know details.

We paid inflated prices for a room with a view because we had our young son with us and, since we couldn’t enjoy the nightlife, we wanted a well-located hotel to spend the evenings chilling out on the balcony. However, our room 3 (and room 2) are directly beneath the Iriana Café which plays music from 8.30am until late into the evening, and one of the music speakers is literally a couple of metres above our balcony. During the day, the café plays ambient chill-out music. I love this kind of music and it was very atmospheric at first. But after a couple of days, even I was getting sick of it. In the evening, the music is turned up loud to draw the evening crowd. But it ruined our evenings as it was very distracting when we were just trying to talk, read and drink wine on our balcony. When we went to bed, the music could still be heard through the ceiling, along with voices and chairs scraping. I bought ear plugs which helped but didn’t block it all out.

We aren’t complainers so put up with it for two nights. By the third night I was wishing I was back home, so we asked for the music to be turned down. The man who looks after the apartment guests turned it down immediately and this greatly improved our third evening here. The next day, the man told us that the apartment on the floor below ours was free and we were welcome to change rooms at no extra cost. We hadn’t asked to change rooms so we were very impressed by the thoughtfulness of the offer. Since we still had a couple of nights left we decided it was worth the hassle of repacking everything, moving and unpacking again. The new room, A2, was great, much quieter and even had a hot tub which my son loved.

For our last full day in Santorini, we had hired a car to drive around the island. However, 5 minutes before leaving the hotel, the man passed us his phone and told us his manager wanted to talk to us. She told us that due to a ‘technical glitch’ the room we had just moved to the day before was now taken and we had to move back to the noisy room. We literally had an appointment to collect our hire car in 10 minutes, but she insisted we move now. Although she apologised, her manner wasn’t apologetic, it was arrogant. She didn’t acknowledge in the slightest the fact that moving again would make us late collecting our car, and cut into our last day in Santorini. She said that she’d done us a favour in offering us a new room at no extra cost and now she wanted us to do her a favour. She said that she could have made us move at 11pm the previous night but let us spend one night in the room. Her behaviour was incredibly unprofessional and provocative – she made the whole experience feel like a forced eviction (which it was) and us just cattle. As we were now late collecting our car we literally had to throw everything in suitcases to get out as quickly as possible. I was mainly upset because I was so disappointed that our much-needed holiday hadn’t been restful and had been disruptive. Plus, my son was gutted because we’d promised him he could play in the hot tub later that day and he just didn’t understand why we had to move. We’d have never changed rooms in the first place if we’d known we’d have to move again.

Given that the main focus of business for Iriana is the café, I suspect that the manager’s expertise lies more with restaurant management and not hotel management. She was certainly lacking in expertise regarding customer service and would have been wiser to have left it to the far more professional staff working for her. I was going to give this hotel one star based on my dealings with the manager. However, that wouldn’t fairly represent the hotel as a whole. The man that actually works here was helpful and friendly – and he was genuinely apologetic for our stay at Iriana, arranging for complimentary food and wine to be brought to our room. It is thanks to his professionalism, and the café waitresses, that I am giving this hotel 3 stars – it was average overall. Parts of our experience were terrible, parts were very good. The main thing the hotel needs to do, though, is make it clear that rooms 2 and 3 are noisy so that customers can make informed decisions before booking.

If you are uncertain about booking this hotel but want one with exactly the same views, there are loads to choose from. There’s the Atlantis hotel, Scirocco, Enigma Suites, Hotel Loucas, Porto Fira Suites, Athena Apartments, Hotel Kavalaki and Panorama Studios. I hope you find somewhere great. Santorini is an amazing place!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 2 and 3 since they are very noisy. Room A2 was great if you want to pay the higher price.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family