“words can´t tell how amazing it is”

Scirocco Apartments
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This was our second time at Scirocco, this time in room no. 17. A very large room with a little kitchen and a large balcony with this absolutely amazing view to the sea and the caldera and all the cruisers coming in. We have to give 5 stars all over, the staff (every day with a smile and ready to help you), room, cleanliness and location - you can´t find a more beautiful view. And Anja and her husband, so very friendly. No complaints at all!!!!
And we will return to Scirocco and Santorini again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenmarkMikkelsen

Reviewed 19 September 2010

My wife my two children (3.5yrs and 9 months) and I spent 5 days here in August. Dealing with Anya (the owner) from the outset was a pleasure. We organised everything via e-mail, she gave us her mobile so we could confirm when were arriving at the airport and she was prompt picking us up with space for our 6 pieces of luggage and two prams. It was quite a walk down to the hotel from the parking station and it was 38 degrees (boiling!!!) and the young porter (Aris) would not let me help him with the bags. I offered him money but he told me he was paid but I gave it to him anyway. They also kept our prams upstairs so we didnt have to carry them down daily and yes it was hard work with the children but we knew this would be the case and the staff helped us with the children. The rooms are nice, the hotel is obviously relatively new, the balcony is large, the pool is large enough, there are basic cooking faciities for a young family and the view is spectacular. You cant get a pool, the view and type of room for that price in any other hotel Fira. If you hate steps and will complain about climbing them in the heat, dont stay here, but oherwise, the view and feeling here is certainly worth it!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank harrybutcher
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Just returned from Scirocco in Fira this morning. Already miss the amazing view from my balcony! To be able to see that for such a reasonable price was outstanding. Collected from the airport by Anja who then introduced us to Ari. He carried our bags from the car park to the hotel - very long walk down lots of steps and the hotel has a 100 more to go. That was the downside but in Fira everywhere has steps so you sort of get used to it. Our room 10 had a small balcony next door to another so you didn't feel it was very private. The negatives - the pool needed cleaning, pillows are hard and breakfast repetitive but I would still recommend staying there 120%. I also recommend you email Anja directly as you get a better price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank LozzaByrne
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I just returned from a holiday in Santorini and even though everything about this place has already been mentioned, I can’t help to echo the excellent reviews. (I apologise in advance for the lengthy report but this just won’t do in 2 lines)
If you fancy a beach holiday, the Caldera is not for you as the local beaches are not “on your doorstep” and some sort of travelling is involved. If you want a beach holiday, you would miss out on the true beauty of the Island, the Cliff top villages, the views and the sunsets (if it's the beach only you want, you might want to choose another Island). Again you would have to travel up to the Caldera. Public Transport is easy and affordable on Santorini and you can hire cars or bikes with ease but I wasn’t going to spend precious time getting from one place to another each day.
I have created my own “package holiday” by staying the first 5 nights in Kamari (the beach holiday) and the other 4 nights of my holiday in Fira, the most magical place you will ever lay eyes on. It’s not always easy to get the best of both worlds but in this case it was worth the research and I can recommend this to anyone who is interested in doing the same.

I stayed at the Sea Side Beach Hotel in Kamari (see my separate review) and stayed at the Scirocco Apartments in Fira.

Just as my experience with the Sea Side Hotel was my encounter with Anja at the Scirocco Apartments.
I started my research in February and after searching for any info about Santorini and reading reviews of various places on Trip Adviser, the decision was easy. I called the Scirocco and spoke to Anja. The first impression is worth a million and I got every penny worth. The Reservation process was handled with ease. Again, any questions and all my desires for a memorable stay have been met with courtesy, professionalism but most importantly, warmth and empathy for the customer. Thank you Anja!!!

Informing Anja of my unusual way to spend my holiday in Santorini, she offered to collect me after my stay at the Hotel in Kamari and to drive me up to Fira. The hassle of dealing with public transportation, my luggage in this heat and the maze-like layout of Fira was removed with true hospitality. Once we arrived at the Car Park in Fira, a member of staff (Ari) was already waiting for us to take our luggage the winding and narrow streets down to the complex. An unforgettable welcome!!

We had been assigned Room # 3 and I understand now that it is the smallest room of the Complex (and a room that not everyone favours but be honest – how much time are you going to spend in your room?!). I would not want to stay in any other room when I return to the Scirocco! The room had the most charm and character but most importantly it had its own balcony, accessible straight from inside our room, above the entire complex, glued to the hill like an Eagle’s Nest! This privacy and view can not be had from anywhere else and is priceless.

As I mentioned about the Hotel in Kamari, the grass is always greener on the other side but seriously, why would you want to stay anywhere else. The location and layout of the Apartments provide a view you simply can’t mirror from any other property in Fira. You might find Oia or Imerovigli quieter and prettier (but also more expensive!!!) but Fira is where it all happens. To put it in other words, Fira has the “lived in feeling” where the other two are pristine and cute and look like Tourist spots. Don’t forget to take the walk along the rim of the Caldera from Fira to Imerovigli. It’s an amazing walk but you need to watch out for the “Greece Postcard Image” of the Bell Tower and the blue Dome, hidden up the hill on your right! We never ate out; we simply made our own Greek Salads or even went up into Town to get a Gyros “To-Go” and took it back to our balcony. Why pay very high prices and fight with shoulder to shoulder crowds when you have the best place on the island on your balcony. The sunsets are just the same!

If you need any more convincing or details, give me a call…J

Simply put; I would not stay anywhere else as location, hospitality and service can’t be beat!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brehm1985
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My wife and I stayed for week here with another couple travelling with us.Santorini has to be one of te greatest places to holiday.We found this accommodation on the internet and stayed for 4 nights back in 2008.This time we brought along friends to join us.The rooms are clean,aircon works extreamly well.Staff most friendly.Breakfast was included tipical european breakfast boild eggs, frest bread, jam, tea or coffee.
Wireless internet free. Transfers to and from airport.Great swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fowlertj
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week during last August. The hotel is situated on the bottom of the cliff. It has an amazing view towards the volcano and the Aegean sea. However, a in my humble opinion, a hotel is not only the sea view, but also what it offers to the clients.
On the good side: The location is excellent, the view is magnificent and it is quite cheap compared to other hotels, which offer similar view. Moreover, the staff is friendly.
On the negative side: The room I was staying to was very poorly decorated, the kitchen utensils had rust, there was no breakfast. If you asked, they would prepare a poor one. There were also many steps, but I guess you are aware of this situation prior to your booking. Therefore, I would not say that this is a disadvantage.
Overall, the hotel offers one of the most amazing views, but the quality of accomodation is below standard. If this is ok with you, go for it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed at Scirocce during July with our 9 year old daughter. The room is great with a small kitchen and the view is out of this world. The service was very good. We did not mind the steps, it helped us work away all the calories of the excellemnt restaurants in the vicinity. I think the price is reasonable for Santorini.Our daughter spent many hours in the swimming pool which was great. It is situated very conveniently close to everything.

We really enjoyed our stay in Santorini. Every morning my wife went for a run on the trail that runs all the way to Oia, it actually passes right behind Scirocco. I can reccomend Perissa beach and Sigalas winery, close to Oia. The restuarants at Ammudi beach is very nice. I can also reccomend Ted's sailing trip.

For a South African the restuarants in Santorini, and for that matter the whole of Europe, is very expensive for what you get. Probably double what we would pay for the equivalent. However it seems that this is not a limited to Santorini and I suppose Europeans are used to it.

LRB, South Africa