“Gorgeous Property. Great Location.”
Review of El Greco

El Greco
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I loved this hotel! Having been to Santorini before it was nice to be so centrally located to Fira town, the bus stop, etc., yet it is very quiet & peaceful. The pool areas are lovely and made a nice retreat after busy travel & sightseeing days. The rooms were large and comfortable, and were cleaned daily. I wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away form the main road. I heard they were too noisy from other travelers.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank work2travel

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Even not To be the best location due distance To Oia, this is a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Ivan D
Reviewed 22 December 2011

One of the best hotels I stayed at during my Aug trip to Greece. It was an easy walk to town but also a nice and quiet location to get away from everything and relax. The staff was excellent and very accomondating. I would absolutley stay there again!

Room Tip: The suites were great with fantastic views from all sides. The rooms towards the front have the vol...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazy35805
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This was our honeymoon stay in Santorini for 5 days. We did a lot of research on where to stay. My proffesion is in the hotel industry, therefore location of the hotel and cleaniless of the rooms are very important to me. This hotel is situated walking distance to the old city where all the action is. There is a supermarket walking distance to purchase snacks, water, drinks etc.... The rooms in the new section were spacious and clean. The rooms have a mini fridge and a balcony. It's not your typical hotel ... it's actually a resort. This hotel has 4 pools well sized and very quiet. We visited many beaches in Santorini however the hotel's pool is just perfect. I would also recommend to rent a scoter to visit the island.

Room Tip: Do not ask for the Junior Suites, the room upstairs, the ceiling is too low. Ask for rooms in the ne...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cleopatra T
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Only regret is that we only had one night here. Loved every second, amazingly clean and well kept. The best breakfast we had on our travels. Rooms are beautiful and I will definitely be going back one day.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We were 4 girls aged in our 50's and 20's travelling together. As soon as we stepped into the lobby we knew we were going to love it here. The decor was beautiful, the staff so friendly and helpful. The pool areas were clean and really beautiful plenty of sunbeds, the buffet breakfast was great, the location terrific and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I cannot say enough of this place. I am a travel consultant so get to travel quite a lot and I was very impressedd and will definitely be referring my clients to stay and I cannot wait to try and get back as soon as I can with my husband next time. The township was also absolutely amazing. We all loved it and another bonus is that evryone in Greece speaks English and despite what the country is going through at the moment I have to say that the Greeks were the friendliest most helpful and generous people I have ever met in Europe. It was also a perfect time to visit the Greek Islands as it was the last week of the season so there were no crowds, the weather was perfect and I guess everyone on the Island was at their happiest as they had just come to the end of working 16 hour days 7 days a week for almost 9 months and were looking forward to going home to their families and resting.

Room Tip: Last week of Sept first week of October great time to visit. Miss the crowds and the weather is perf...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KazNsw
Reviewed 11 November 2011

El Greco Hotel was an amazing place to stay. The hotel itself was an easy, short walk from the town centre (with amazing caldera views as you walked). Our room had numerous views over the caldera and the various hotel pools. It was also very clean and spacious with modern, luxurious furnishings. The food at both the breakfast and dinner buffets was delicious and with so much choice! The staff were very welcoming and when we got into difficultly with our flight off the island being cancelled, the staff were extremely helpful, ringing the airline and pointing out where the local travel agents were in town which was really appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea views
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple