“Amazing view, wonderful staff, great room!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Keti

Hotel Keti
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Owen Sound, Canada
“Amazing view, wonderful staff, great room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I first found out about this gem from friends who love this hotel. This is my second visit to Hotel Keti, and I am always so happy with our stays. We stayed in the premium double room which is lovely - it has a beautiful view of the caldera, a vaulted ceiling, and you can awaken to hear the donkeys going overhead on their way to the old port. Yiannis and his staff certainly make one feel like old friends, and will help in any way that they can. The rooms are always pristine, and the breakfast is lovely. The view from the large deck areas is the best of the caldera, in my opinion, and it makes a great screen saver when you get home! We plan to come back (many times, I hope!) to the wonderful people and hotel: Keti.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Keti. The first night we splurged a bit and stayed in the Cave House suite, and after that, the standard double room. We preferred the standard double room because the layout was more natural, the tub larger, and it had a very large private balcony. (we must have gotten lucky, since it looked like only one of the standard double rooms has the private balcony)

This hotel has incredible views. We found ourselves just passing the time lazing on the balcony gazing out at the caldera. There's really no need to be anywhere else when you've got a view like this.

The service was impeccable, and the breakfast delicious. The main reason we would give this a 4 is because we thought the beds and pillows were too hard, especially in the Cave House suite.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank naomind
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at Hotel Keti, although at first it looked like it might have been a disaster. The views from the balcony are exceptionally beautiful, and it was here that disaster struck. I had removed my prothsesis (I had lost my leg in a tragic farming accident when I was three years old)to dry out from my swim when a gust of wind blew me false leg over the balcony and plummeted several hundred feet down the cliff into the water. I shouted out to the Owner and about half an hour later (Greeks are used to shouting at each other, so he did't realize it was an emergency), he came to ask what was wrong. I was still in shock, but explained what had happened. He was very concerned but told me that he was afraid of heights so couldn't climb down himself to fetch my leg. But his new employee, Marilia, happened to be an expert climber and marathon swimmer. She immediately began to rappel down the cliff and then swam several minutes (my false leg was filled with styrofoam and so floated) and retrieved my leg. As is that wasn't enough, when she returned my leg, she noticed a small infection growing on my stump and proceeded to gather local plants (with medicinal properties) and rubbed it against my (now) aching stump and attached my leg. As a small token of my appreciation, I took her to dinner that night and a romance began to grow. I soon discovered that Marilia was both beautiful inside and out. All of this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't booked my room at Hotel Keti!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ChumMedia
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I am so glad we stayed here during our three night stay on Santorini! The location cannot be beat. Hotel Keti has what must be the best possible location and view in Fira. For a better view, you must stay in Oia, where everything costs twice as much. I can't tell you how many postcards we saw on the island showing shots that included Hotel Keti in them. That's because its location is so incredibly photogenic.
Plus, everything about the hotel met expectations. The room was comfortable, as were the beds. The bathroom was more than adequate; better than most we had during our 5 week trip throughout Greece. The service was excellent, and the staff most friendly. The breakfast was quite good.
I have read the bad reviews, which pan the sevice. I can verify that we were met at the boat dock upon our arrival, and returned there upon our departure. All of our luggage was carried for us up and down the labyrinthine steps one must walk to get to the hotel. (You're on the side of a volcanic caldera, OK? Isn't that why you come to Santorini??). The people who complained about lack of service must not have requested it in advance. That is all that is required.
In sum, I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and will recommend it to all my friends and relatives.

6 Thank Rick049
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel Keti. It was awesome . Easily accessible spotlessly clean. The view was amazing of the caldera. A quiet small hotel with extremely helpful friendly staff. Great breakfasts as well. Fira itself can be noisy but the Hotel is well protected from most of the noise

Room Tip: We had a superior room which was lovely. Our daughter had a standard room which was also very nice b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and had an awesome experience. Yannis at reception was a wealth of experience, advice and exceptional in his manner. We had just had our passports stolen in Athens, beware the metro, actually avoid Athens all together. Yannis showed us compassion that was so sadly lacking in Athens for our predicament. The hotel is in the best spot on the caldera, you won't ever forget your first glimpse from the hotel. The room was atmospheric and spotless, it was a good size and came with a fridge. They will organize to have your bags carried up or down to the hotel, there are many steps. All in all, a fantastic hotel, with great service and staff and exceptional value.

Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Keti when we visited Santorini in 2009 (the drop-down list does not have 2009 for me to choose, so i had to pick 2011). We booked the honeymoon suite, which had a nice curved ceiling over the bed. The room was very comfortable, though could be a bit cold in the middle of the night. There's also a small square window at the foot of the bed, which opened to the caldera view!

This hotel offers one of the greatest views right from where you sleep. Surely it's worth the money!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite if you can afford -- it's once in a lifetime!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KateSrirojpinyo
Yiannis D, Manager at Hotel Keti, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your review.
We are very happy that you remember our hotel and you had a nice time with us.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Yiannis