“Don't miss it”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dance Theater Show Veggera
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Wife, I and student age kids went to the Yfen after seeing reviews and hotel recommendation. As a couple we went to 'traditional village dances' so were a little dubious, but the kids (19 and 17) were enthusiastic.

We were picked up from the hotel and dropped of outside a modern room with very few people inside. Ushered in and told to tuck into the buffet, dancing will start in 20 minutes.
So we did. Dancing started and there were only 15 people in a room big enough to seat 200.

So far it doesn't sound too good, but........

The dancers were great. They put on a really good show - it's not just traditional dancing but a funny show with dancing and audience participation. Everyone got involved and we all had a brilliant time. Three 20ish year old girls from our hotel went too, and also had a great time.
I wonder if it was actually better because there were only a few of us

Whatever you think it might be like - just go. You'll enjoy it!

1  Thank AlanReadingUK

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We were so glad that we made the decision to attend this show despite there not being too many other guests. We had an amazing time. From being greeted and informed about the night by two of the dancers, then being served drinks in the outdoor courtyard, to the exceptionally tasty and plentiful food, and then to the show. What talented, energetic and passionate young people are the team who perform - they make it so much fun - not just to watch but to be involved as well. They led us all through learning so many different dances and were always so encouraging despite us all being clumsy with the steps at times. Our young adult children really enjoyed it as well and got totally involved. We all danced the night away, sharing shots throughout and simply enjoying their "joy" in performing. You would never regret attending this show.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The food is BAD!!! The table sheet was dirty from the previous fellowship. Bad place...

1  Thank tsyxoulaki
Reviewed 9 July 2012

At first I was expecting something different, something more folklore but it was an amazing show..It was a real performance.....The dancers' energy reminded me the volcano's energy and I felt like a Greek! The "giouvetsi' was my favorite dish.
I do recommend it ......ABSOLUTELY!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I had dinner at Yfen in early June. I had been searching for some authentic Greek music but was told that the Greek music places weren't open since it was a bit early in the season. I was so happy to find out about Yfen. The dinner buffet is very good but the real magic occurs on the stage. The creative presentation of Greek music was simply fantastic. The audience was invited to join the show which made for a fun and festive evening. This is a must do in Santorini!